It's Raining (a Bit)

persephone

No wet dog shivering at the door , or looking for his 'jammies' or leaving yeti sized muddy prints on the floor ...( he didn't have an undercoat to speak of and got cold really quickly ...)

I just saw teh rain, and thought that I should get Hammy in and put another cushion on the bed under the kitchen table for him....

I can smell him .. wet ....

He was such a sooky la-la - with his fan at nights ,so he didn't keep me awake with his puffing :p and an ice brick pillow when really hot ....and jammies, blankets & hot water bottles in Winter .... Some tough bush dog - NOT .

I'm sorry pers - it is so hard when they have to go and they leave such a huge hole in our hearts and lives..

I couldn't stand how still and quite the house was when Ollie dog had to go - that is how I ended up with Zig just a week after saying goodbye to Ollie..

It was positively painful being in this house..

We get so used to their little quirks (as they do to ours). I have this thing where I still go to round up our pack and can't find the black one (dead almost 2 years now). Same in winter when it is coat time - I get too many out. I've conveniently forgotten all the things she used to do to drive me crazy (like when her head was out the back door but her arse was still inside and she'd pee).

Hugs Pers. XXX

Perse ...... :hug:

I know :( .

You know what though? As odd as this might sound, it'd be sad if we didn't feel the sadness and of our canine mates with the pain that we do ..... 'cause that'd mean they didn't touch our heart of hearts and that in itself would be a greater loss.

:hug: to you though. I feel for you and know how you feel.

Edited by Erny