Dogs Seized From No Kill Shelter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't even have any real info, they are going off what they read on FB and dismiss anyone who has real knowledge of the place. It's actually quite scary how far they are going based on lies. People like this are so easy to fool and whip into a frenzy, led by an ego maniac who wants some cred to help him get elected.

I've only heard of 3 of them, and now I thought C.A.T.S inc were ok doing subsidised cat sterilization [well was led to believe that's what they do, heard about them years ago back in the 90s]

Wasn't there another in WA??!!

I guess in regards to Moorook, I empathised a lot, as I was on the receiving end of a vexatious report about my horse [back when she was having trouble with a hoof abscess]. All was ok though with the RSPCA, ended up having a good yak to her about many other things [she was quite nice]. But it made me reserved about talking to anyone when ailments arised :\ and this was done by a malicious member of the family too :(

Cannot understand the comment that the costs of tax deductibility status are staggering.

I have achieved it for two rescues at no cost. to me or to the rescues.

The audits and accountancy fees are pretty high.Pacers was looking at over $5000 a year before we could move.

As I said I did it for two groups,

Cant see the $5000 charge, seems a bit hefty to me. I have heard of agroup that paid just under a $1000.

A lot of paperwork but if one applies oneself it is able to be achieved.

Both of these groups are audited each year and we readily comply with all requirements,

Again, a lot of reports and paperwork, but that is to be expected,

You cant expect it to be anything less if you are seeking and receiving donations from the public. You have to be accountable.

Yes, Mark said he was going to post details about the WA one but it hasn't happened as yet. He has also said he has been talking to shelters around the country in a similar position to Moorook and facing similar charges and that he is "working on a solution for them in his spare time". I haven't seen any information at all about who these shelters are or what state they are in. The only link to anything happening interstate that has been provided was posted by a supporter about AWL in Ipswich. http://www.qt.com.au...uiry-c/1863995/ I'm having a look to see if I can find anything else via Google.

I'm sorry that happened to you Noishe. :( I can see why people are sympathetic and supporting Mark and Moorook. They put out so many lies and twisted versions of the truth and there is almost no one to oppose them so people are believing what they are told.

In my travels I came across this question posted on the Moorook page and was wondering if anyone knows what it's about?

8727181397_06f898741e_z.jpg

Can't access the full article but; http://www.murray-pi...99s-16000-gift/

The shelter was be-quested $16,000 in late 2011.

Edited by RidgieMal

When they were showing off their awesome facilities via FB I don't remember seeing any new buildings, wouldn't they have shown that as it would be new and far better than the awful enclosures they posted pictures of. I'm calling bullshit on the $16,000 being spent on that until there is proof.

Yes, Mark said he was going to post details about the WA one but it hasn't happened as yet. He has also said he has been talking to shelters around the country in a similar position to Moorook and facing similar charges and that he is "working on a solution for them in his spare time". I haven't seen any information at all about who these shelters are or what state they are in. The only link to anything happening interstate that has been provided was posted by a supporter about AWL in Ipswich. http://www.qt.com.au...uiry-c/1863995/ I'm having a look to see if I can find anything else via Google.

I'm sorry that happened to you Noishe. :( I can see why people are sympathetic and supporting Mark and Moorook. They put out so many lies and twisted versions of the truth and there is almost no one to oppose them so people are believing what they are told.

In my travels I came across this question posted on the Moorook page and was wondering if anyone knows what it's about?

8727181397_06f898741e_z.jpg

Can't access the full article but; http://www.murray-pioneer.com.au/news/13039-animal-loverE28099s-16000-gift/

The shelter was be-quested $16,000 in late 2011. They were planning to use the money to build their own clinic from memory, so that desexing could be performed on site.

Well now they said they built an infirmary, but why didn't they show pictures of it.

Can anyone please show me where it says that Save A Kitty Support Lola and Moorook? I am questioning the group at this moment but they are adamant that they are merely attending an awareness day for the good of their group.

ETA: Never mind.

Edited by Parkeyre