Perth Zoo Meet Il

RallyValley

You look like you were right in there with them, especially the orangutan looking through the window at the humans.

The first tiger shot looks like he's just had a bowl of milk :laugh:

Edited by Kirislin

Ok, how the heck did you get such great tiger shots through that dirty, reflective glass?!! Love that first one in particular :thumbsup: The rest are super too, I look forward to seeing more :D

I downloaded mine last night but haven't had a chance to go through them yet, I suspect I will have about a million pics of meerkats :laugh:

Wow great photos RV!

Tigers and meerkats are two of my favourite animals, your shots are lovely. I think the snake photo is incredible!

I am just starting out at taking photos and my OH got zoo tickets for his birthday recently so we will be going sometime soon to take photos.

What would your tips be for sometime taking photos at the zoo for the first time?

Also I only have a 24-70mm lens so I think I will need to hire something with more reach, I'm thinking 70-200m. Do you think that would be a good choice or should I get a bigger zoom?

Hope you don't mind me asking for advice :)

edited for a missing word...

Edited by Gertrude139

I WANT A PET MEERKAT!!!!!

Me too!

Wow great photos RV!

Tigers and meerkats are two of my favourite animals, your shots are lovely. I think the snake photo is incredible!

I am just starting out at taking photos and my OH got zoo tickets for his birthday recently so we will be going sometime soon to take photos.

What would your tips be for sometime taking photos at the zoo for the first time?

Also I only have a 24-70mm lens so I think I will need to hire something with more reach, I'm thinking 70-200m. Do you think that would be a good choice or should I get a bigger zoom?

Hope you don't mind me asking for advice :)

edited for a missing word...

Tips would be patience and luck ;) Luck that the animals are doing something interesting or patience to wait till they do!!

I was shooting with a 7D and a 70-300mm Tamron lens except a couple of shots with CC's 60mm Macro (the snake included). The body is a crop body so increases magnification a little more. I was usually at 300mm or not far off.

LOVE the first Meerkat one :thumbsup:

I WANT A PET MEERKAT!!!!!

I think we said that about 100 times when we were watching them :laugh:

I'm itching to get mine sorted, but probably won't be until the weekend......

So looking forward to seeing your shots CC!

• 2 weeks later...