Call Names With A Surfing Brand Theme

Teak

Over the years I have read plenty of threads on naming dogs so I am asking the creative people out there for call names the next generation of a surfing brand theme. The obvious ones have been used along the way (Roxy, Billie (Billabong), Maui, Mango, Mambo and probably a couple more that I have called puppies that have been sold into loving pet homes. So I am stuck and would love some suggestions for the latest baby girl.

My sbt girl named herself Stussy (well it was the only name/word she would respond to). You could also go with female surfing stars (Laine Beechley but check sp) or that young girl who lost her arm to a shark but still surfs (google that). Then you have well known surfing movies like Big Wednesday or Blue Crush.

GIRLS

Coco – You know her as a fashion icon, but Hawaii’s Coco Ho is a pro surfer currently on the tour.

Gidget – Sally Field’s bubbly television character from the 1960s was based on a series of novels by Frederick Kohner. Kohner’s daughter Kathy surfed with the boys and earned the nickname Gidget, just like the fictional version.

Isabel – Born in 1899, Isabel Letham was just 15 when surf evangelist Duke Kahanmoku chose her to take part in his Sydney surfing exhibition. This makes her the first Australian to catch a wave.

Jericho – A pioneer in women’s surfing as well as a powerful place name.

Keala – Keala Kennelly surfed before she could walk, and was one of the real life surfers to appear in 2002’s Blue Crush. Pronounced ke AH lah, the Hawaiian name means “the path.”

Layne – This world champion has a very appropriate last name – Beachley.

Margo – From land-locked Pennsylvania to three-time world surf champion, today Margo Oberg runs a famous surfing school in Hawaii.

Rell – Rell Sunn was surfing at age 4 and competing by 14, before there was a separate women’s division. Her Hawaiian middle name, Kapolioka’ehukai, means Heart of the Sea.

Rochelle – Among the best female surfers today, Rochelle Ballard is one of the women featured in the 2001 documentary 7 Girls. A surf-obsessed parent could double dip: put Rochelle on birth certificate, and call her Rell.

Serena – Another of the 7 Girls from the 2001 documentary.

Silvana – Brazil’s Silvana Lima is one of several South American women currently making a mark in the sport.

Sofia – Peru’s most famous surfer, an International Hall of Fame inductee, and the first South American woman to make waves.

Mossimo - Moss , Imo ;) Kuta.