I Went To Taronga Zoo Again Today

tdierikx

I was supposed to go help a friend with something today, but she got called in to work at the last minute... so I decided to go to the Zoo instead... *grin*

Here are the fruits of my labours with the camera...

27-07-2013-zoo060.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo082.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo124.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo135.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo159.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo221.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo240.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo274.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo331.jpg

More coming...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... last lot...

27-07-2013-zoo655.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo674.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo751.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo754.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo810.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo817.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo848.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo903.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo972.jpg

27-07-2013-zoo1009.jpg

Some of the pics aren't the greatest - lots of reflections on the glass and smeared kiddy fingerprints don't make for ease of photography - not to mention that it was pretty crowded at some of the exhibits.

T.

Love the photos especially the Mandarin duck :) I haven't been to Taronga since they were still building all the new seal enclosures and all the aquarium bits. I did work experience with the Carnivores in yr 11, and I was given whisker from the male lion thumbsup1.gif

The lions were bloody hard to get a good vantage point for by the time I got there - it was crowded and there were a lot of rude pushy shovey people trying to lift their children up to the glass to put their slimy hands all over it... I was off to the side and had to use full zoom and sports mode on the camera to get any shots at all of the male. The light wasn't perfect either...

I did get some nice ones of one of the females though, as she graciously came right up to the spot I was standing and looked dead at me from about 3 feet away. God they are divine animals!

Tossing up whether to go again today and see if I can get some good tiger shots - also missed the elephants, the gorillas, all the Australian fauna, etc... I mainly went yesterday to have a go at shooting the reptiles... I spent a good 90 mins doing that, and did get some nice pics of slithery things... *grin*

I think I did pretty good getting around 1200 photos yesterday, and only deleted around 300 that were complete crap.

T.

Well... I DID go again today... *note to self: need to get a yearly pass if I'm gonna do this on a regular basis*

Took around 1400 photos... errr!

Almost as soon as I got to the zoo I got chatting with a lovely lady who goes there every weekend, and she took me around to a lot of the good spots for getting photos - we had a great time snapping away all day. She knew all the names of the Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, etc, and we also met up with a friend of hers that knew all of the Chimps off by heart too... I had the best Zoo day ever!

Now all I have to do is go through all the photos and pick a few really nice ones to share... aarrgghh!

T.

I've just gone through 1400-odd photos from today... and there are definitely some OMG moments... *grin*

At one point we thought we might see some giraffe nooky... I was almost afraid to take pics of the 2 lovebirds, but they spared us from the more intimate stuff... lol!

I've got all the "staples", lions, tigers, gorillas, chimps, giraffes, elephants... and LOTS of each.

It seriously going to take some time to select the very best/coolest ones - there are so MANY of them... but I promise it will be worth the wait until tomorrow evening... I'm completely shattered right now and really need to eat something then veg in front of the TV before I crash.

I really need to get me a Zoo Friends pass, and a longer zoom lens (say something up to the 400 or 500mm mark? Sigma ones look like decent bang for the buck)... the shots I reckon I could get would be worth the spend methinks.

I promise to post some of today's best shots tomorrow evening, OK?

T.

There are LOTS pesh... and that's where is gets very hard... must select only the better ones... *grin*

I pruned all the really crap ones out - still have 950-ish pics to choose from!

I've sorted them into folders of each main critter this morning - so should only have to sort out a select few from each type to share this evening when I get home from work.

T.

I also bought a Zoo Friends yearly pass online this morning... Spring/Summer is coming and I think I'll be using it a lot... *grin*

You poor buggers are going to be bombarded with regular Zoo pics now...

T.