Kirislin

Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

1,708 posts in this topic

I looked at that photo and thought it was distorted and FB had been elongated in the shot. That's how much bigger he is to my eye!

Kirislin   

he was 300 gms at birth and this morning he weighed in at 500 gms. They're 5 1/2 days old, born very late Friday night.

I looked at that photo and thought it was distorted and FB had been elongated in the shot. That's how much bigger he is to my eye!

LOL - I thought he was channelling a ferret :eek:

Podengo   

What absolutely gorgeous babies! Well done team :) I sooo hope we get to watch little Secret grow up! Black dogs are my fav! Especially shiny black sighthounds!!

Kirislin   

I dont think she will be mine, I think Marcus wants to take her home. I'll still get to see her alot though.

Kirislin   

Poor Neko is making a political statement protesting womens rights, using the medium of art. "My children see me as nothing more than a body supplying them with milk"

24418563649_04abd675bd_c.jpg5F6A5171dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Kirislin   

that boy is going to be bigger than his mumma in no time

Yes. I'm wondering if he will slow down or just keep growing.

I bred a litter of whippets from normal sized parents and all of them turned out to be whoppers, and not just tall, but big heavy boned things. My 2 boys Tag and Puck are from that litter. The parents were not related, it was not a close mating at all, and neither is this one, since the male is imported. It will be interesting to see how they turn out. I can say the boy seems very calm and chilled out. The blue girl, (I think she's blue) is more lively. When they were still in utero I said to Iggy Mum that I bet one is calmer than the other and we worked out that we had a male and a female from their heart beats, IM picked up the speed difference so I already suspected that the female was the livelier one. She was on the left. :D

Edited by Kirislin

tdierikx   

My Labrador's pups were 450-500g at birth... maybe FB thinks he's a Lab? Hehe!

My Rotti girl's first litter were between 300g and 400g at birth... FB is a corker, that's for sure!

T.

Ooooohhhh Neko! Gorgeous girl, looks like it's tough being a milk bar.

Love little Secret shoving her way in there!

Edited by Simply Grand

OSoSwift   

Geez, he was a boof head when he was born. My whippets were from 325 to 385grams, maybe he things he is part Whippet?

Gorgeous babies, cannot believe that much time has passed from watching her mumma's tummy growing.

Kirislin   

Geez, he was a boof head when he was born. My whippets were from 325 to 385grams, maybe he things he is part Whippet?

Gorgeous babies, cannot believe that much time has passed from watching her mumma's tummy growing.

My Feather whippet was only 200gms at birth. He seems to be averaging 50gms a day now. If he only puts on 40gms one day he puts on 60gms the next. :laugh: I think he'll be a lovely chilled out dog though, I hope so, when you pick him up now he's very relaxed, unless you've just plucked him off a teat. Then he complains.

Kirislin   

the daddy is not big, not sure who baby giant is taking after. He still might just end up a normal size, we will have to wait and see.

I'm disappointed I haven't been able to get many photos. My back is really sore at the moment and I cannot get down low, plus Neko gets too stressed if I try to move their bed into better light. I dont think it's fair to her so I'll just have to wait a bit longer until I can get them somewhere with better light that Neko can cope with. She's relaxed alot but she is still very protective of them.

Snook   

I'm sure we can all wait patiently (or impatiently.. lol) for more photos when it's a good time for both you and Neko. I hope your back feels better soon. :)