Your Fantasy Dog

hankdog

Yeah we often say that Wiz hits you like a dog double her size, so if she was literally double her size she would probably give me a concussion :laugh:

ETA: A bit surprised I haven't had one already LOL!

Edited by huski

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dream dog would be a long hair dobermann. Hair like saluki, and non shedding. :D

And my dobermann with long hair would have a bomb proof temperament, be as guarding as my Furia (less loud) yet as human friendly as Rex was.

And no dog aggression of course.

It would live a lot longer than dobes live and stay young for many years.

It would be a cute puppy for about 2 years, without the toilet training, teething and chewing on everything

It would be a BIS winner at Spring Fair, Dobe Nationals and Easter show. Only once, Im not greedy lol

And it would have obedience, agility, sch and tracking titles, WAC and ET.

And when bred from would reproduce itself.

I think thats it :)

Edited by MonElite

Yeah we often say that Wiz hits you like a dog double her size, so if she was literally double her size she would probably give me a concussion

The stomach and crotch hits are the worst. She's dropped OH and a friend of ours a few times :laugh: she always has that look of 'that will teach you to' as she trots off with her toy :laugh:

Yeah we often say that Wiz hits you like a dog double her size, so if she was literally double her size she would probably give me a concussion

The stomach and crotch hits are the worst. She's dropped OH and a friend of ours a few times :laugh: she always has that look of 'that will teach you to' as she trots off with her toy :laugh:

lol yeah, she has somehow managed to punch me in the stomach a few times. Charming lady!

haha one of my friends in the states fostered a coated dobe - she looked like a werewolf!

Another lover of medium size dogs here, I've always had large (GSDs and Dobes) dogs and was hesitant about getting Elsie at first, but I love her size! 43cm and 13kg. I can pick her up and carry her with ease, she is still big enough to handle big working trials jumps and is a great size for sitting on laps and travelling.

Not a fluffy dog person either, regardless of shed or not shed, the fluffy look doesn't do anything for me. Gimme a gorgeous, shiny smooth coat dog any day :D

Isn't it funny how most of the responses here are for larger breed dogs... so much more of them to cuddle, yes?

T.

Ahem!!!! What about my dream of a tribe of tibetan spaniels. How much more to cuddle would you want than this lot?

Here's my dream out walking: (click to enlarge)

post-3304-0-97596200-1376009579_thumb.jpg

Well - yes - but I only have one pair of arms with with to give them a cuddle... *grin*

They'd make a great winter doona cover though... hehe!

T.

My dream dog would be a long hair dobermann.

Like these? Hailey has the saluki look. :D

OMG

yes :o

But as its not recognised and that coat would be a fault the fantasy dog would never win all my required shows.

As for the longer coat on those dobes. - there is a possibility that the weim was used in the making of the dobe, so perhaps there are some long hair genes there.

Or these are crosses with something longhaired,

Funny how there are more photos of the non-black dogs there

I just caught the malinois bug myself. Envy is everything I wanted and gets more awesome every day. I don't think I will want another breed :) I do like the WL GSDs too though. And spaniels. But the mals are my fave. If Envy continues on the path she is on I think she will be the dream dog I wanted :D

1002518_10151789371243281_2015627822_n.jpg

My dream dog is a Rottweiler :D

A Rotti that is...

Loyal and devoted without being needy

Willing to work with utmost commitment whenever I want, without bouncing off the walls the rest of the time

Interested in surroundings, without being hypervigilant and reactive

Happy and playful, yet not over exuberant

Confident, yet calm at the same time

Protective, but only towards a genuine perceived threat

Friendly towards people without knocking them over

Friendly towards other dogs without choosing them over me

Trainable without needing to be worked to be settled

Always ready to learn new things and excels/shows promise in Herding, Obedience, Agility, Tracking and Conformation (specialty and all breeds showing)

Content with a cuddle in bed, without hogging the bed

A pleasure to take anywhere, good company and well behaved

My best friend

Well constructed, healthy and attractive

----------

I consider myself to be another that is extremely lucky to have my very own dream dog. She is my beautiful "Seven" 17 months old, and I just adore her. She is everything I could ever want in a dog and more.

:)

post-27202-0-47671900-1376020717_thumb.jpg

Edited by dyzney

I'd love a dog I could take anywhere with no fuss at all.

Confident, easy-going, calm most of the time, not a complete dunderhead.

One that's not too hard to achieve reliable recall with.

very healthy, able to jog with me.

A family dog, loves all of us.

The one impossible attribute that I'd love is velvety soft short coat that doesn't shed! That would be fab!

lol yeah, she has somehow managed to punch me in the stomach a few times. Charming lady!

Majority have no class. Except Mina ... if another dog sniffs her or dares lay some saliva on her she quickly has to inspect the area and clean all evidence of contact. All humans must be thoroughly sniffed before being allowed to pat her. Total lady :laugh:

I believe I have been knocked over twice now by your dream dog. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And I love it.

They only do it so they can get better access to give you a huge face-washing kiss... *grin*

Rotties are definitely my dream breed - yet to find another breed that suits me so perfectly.

My heart dog was a Rotti - and a more perfect dog you'll never find... ever... I do miss her terribly even now (she passed in 2004).

T.

I believe I have been knocked over twice now by your dream dog. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And I love it.

LOL... yeh, but you don't count SC :rofl: You are just way too much fun to not knock over and kiss to death :thumbsup:

My dream dog would have the bomb proof temperament of my kelpie x girl, the fluffy coat of a Lappie, the smoochiness of my blood hound and the intelligence of my kelpie. I want a dog I can snuggle on the couch with at night, that I can walk without constantly scanning the horizon for other dogs, that the kids and their friends can play with.........