Your Fantasy Dog

hankdog

A bully without the health issue's that live longer ( one a little more active than the one I have too :laugh: , although she is rock solid temp wise, as they should be.)

A dally that doesn't shed?

He would have to be the easiest dog I have owned, can't fault his temp. :thumbsup:

OMG juice, your girl is hilarious :laugh:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my dream dog, my bi colour GSD Chief and his ashes are to be buried with me. Jake was really close and we didn't realise how special he was until he was gone. On Sunday we pick up our new central Asian puppy Wolff from the airport and he was born on the 10 year anniversary of Chief's death and he is also Jake's nephew

When "living" with a reactive dog, I used to skulk home dreaming about owning a Golden Retriever, thinking surely they were the total opposite to my dog.

When I started looking for my next dog, following my various breed investigations I ended up with an adult Goldie. She has certainly been the total opposite! It was an enormous relief to find dog ownership so much more pleasurable & easy.

My dog is perfect for us, everything I'd wanted- sweet temperament, biddability, total lack of aggression (!!!!), a happy simple soul who is a joy to live with.

There are a few superficial things that I'd change about her though- the shedding, the shedding, the shedding :laugh: and her energy levels (typical Goldie, she gets a bit worn out after 5kms of running- sheesh!). But it's a small price to pay. :D

To those of you with reactive dogs, my heart goes out to you. I know how hard it is, & about the longing for what so many other people experience as "normal" dog ownership. :o

I feel bad for thinking so but I often dream of a Goldie like this. Only after adopting a highly reactive dog I've really been thinking of the breed, but alas, I also need something that would also make me feel safer if needed.

My dream dog would be like my previous groenendael, beautiful dog looks protective, and is only if needed, good with dogs and people, and would love it if they were great with smaller animals too... Loved her bark as well.

My current dog is very loving, but so difficult especially when I would love to take him on longer, stress less walks. Both dog and human reactive.

Hmmm... Bella's pretty close to my ideal, except for her reactivity to other dogs when on walks. I love the Saluki temperament; dignified yet nutty, devoted to their people but with a definite mind of their own, athletic yet a lover of a comfy couch, and with a wee bit of snootiness and snobbery. :)

I have two very different fantasy dogs. Firstly, I'd love more Salukis, and secondly I daydream about one day owning a Leonberger or Great Dane. My fantasy dog would live a happy, healthy life into old age.

I lost my heart dog - a bernese in June, and I'd love to go bigger with my next dog, I love solid, long haired breeds, so I would loooove a Saint Bernard, but the life-span and the drool is too off-putting, my berner had turned only 4 the month prior. I want a big, hairy bear dog, with a long life span that I can do agility and obedience with, that will be happy to run with me and hike but lay on the couch or at my feet when I'm home doing nothing. I'd love a protective dog, with nerves of steel, confident yet not overbearing with other dogs and not small animal aggressive.

Lifespan and health are the most important, after spending 2.5 grand trying to help Bruno lead a normal life, I'd like to not have to do that again :(

My fantasy dog was a dal... Bowl I own 2. Regret neither and Sophie was a dol retread, by woodbyne.

We were supposed to foster and move on bit she did not work in her home and we missed her so much... Me much more than I though.. :cry: so she came home.

I had my dream dog, my bi colour GSD Chief and his ashes are to be buried with me. Jake was really close and we didn't realise how special he was until he was gone. On Sunday we pick up our new central Asian puppy Wolff from the airport and he was born on the 10 year anniversary of Chief's death and he is also Jake's nephew

Congrats on getting another CAS : thumbsup: Look forward to pics and details!

Congrats on getting another CAS : thumbsup: Look forward to pics and details!

Thanks Cassie my young ASD Azure will benefit from the company and Wolff is pretty special and unlike any CAS I have seen in Australia. It has been a nearly 3 year wait but I am getting quite anxious :)

I'd like a big dog but can't get away from the practicality of smaller dogs.

But in a fantasy world how's this for a combo... Tibetan Mastiff with the personality of a Cocker Spaniel that doesn't shed :laugh:

Isn't it funny how most of the responses here are for larger breed dogs... so much more of them to cuddle, yes?

T.

Oh yes, definitely T.

I'd love a Newfoundland or two, without the slobber and with a longer life span and obviously no health issue at all please :) or a Bernese with the same requirements :)

There is just something about huge dogs that I adore, especially the fluffy ones.

In reality I would love a mix of Jenna and Luka. Jenna's easy going nature, stable, not the slightest bit reactive but not overly friendly, means we can go for a walk on the beach and she won't bother other people or dogs but not fussed if they approach her, BUT not the sharpest tool in the box. :D So can we just add Luka's fantastic focus and trainability and voila, we pretty much would have my perfect dog.

Isn't it funny how most of the responses here are for larger breed dogs... so much more of them to cuddle, yes?

T.

Ahem!!!! What about my dream of a tribe of tibetan spaniels. How much more to cuddle would you want than this lot?

Here's my dream out walking: (click to enlarge)

post-3304-0-97596200-1376009579_thumb.jpg

I am one of the few people who have no interested in having a giant dog LOL! I find my Mal the perfect size for me, I wouldn't want anything bigger (she's about 27kg). I can't imagine how many more bruises etc I would get from a giant sized Mal! LOL

I am one of the few people who have no interested in having a giant dog LOL! I find my Mal the perfect size for me, I wouldn't want anything bigger (she's about 27kg). I can't imagine how many more bruises etc I would get from a giant sized Mal! LOL

My girls dad is 45kg, and you get the odd male pup that gets that big in the lines :laugh: the freight train gene is genetic, I thought she was bad enough when she almost tore my shoulder out doing a mid air launch for a toy, her dad is like being hit by a car!

198318_10150104425975810_708230809_6939010_4203627_n.jpg