What's The Most Frustrating Statement Someone Has Made To You Late

kelpiecuddles

People have no idea. Sid has been called a pitbull more than once :rofl:

smallest Pitbull ever!

See its definitely the muscly thing as Sid is one toned Frenchie!

Could well be, Raineth.

He has also been called a boxer, a jrt x and a rabbit :D Mostly though just pug, boston or 'what cross is that?'

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After meeting and spending about 30 seconds with my 10 week old malinois puppy she says: "oh what is this breed? I want one of these... or a mastiff" Didn't take her long to change her mind

About a 12 week old BC x GSD puppy on their back patio: "See what we are going through, he KNOWS he's not supposed to be on that patio" I asked, "is he getting through the fence?" Her reply: "oh there's no fence. He just knows."

Or telling me little dogs are so aggressive because they snap at her mastiff cross when it runs off to them on lead and they are on a lead and can't escape

Today's ripper at work. Young guy comes in for puppy food, I ask what food his breeder had put in the puppy pack/ info sheets and recommends he continues on with. I was met with a confused look and said she had written down on a bit of paper what he had been eating but he could not remember what food.

Same person then goes on to say he took said pup to work with him at a building sight. The pup was terrified of all the noises and hid most of the day :(.

And the couple that have a young timid BC x on trial from rescue. She ripped up her bed yesterday she must have been bored. Me: she may have been anxious being in a new home yada yada yada. Then the lady wanted to buy a check chain for said timid dog for walks. Yep I am not selling you a check chain for a scared dog just for walks. Here's a martingale if you want something secure she can't slip out of.

Edited by Clover

The silliest statement (and most insulting) I've heard was said to me after me and my Shihtzu were attacked by two large dogs.

"They are such friendly dogs the owners have guinea pigs and they've never hurt them"

Never heard a Shihtzu compared to a guinea pig before, well you have now. ????????

I witnessed a women run across the street away from a dog (who was walking on a lead), and start yelling and pointing at the dog say "vicious dog, killer dog, it's a pit bull, it's a pit bull".

The dog in questions was an old Chocolate Labrador!

Pit Bulls don't stand a chance....

Edited by Tazar

client at work-dog went home after 2 weeks having lost a little weight and had no food left- "I KNOW my dog, he has separation issues, he does NOT eat without me there so what did you do with his food? huh?" followed by some sweet talking "its OK if he didn't eat, I know my dog, I know he doesn't eat, I just want some honesty here" :confused: erm...he ATE his food, hate to break it to you dude, but your dog didn't miss you! he couldn't eat fast enough! yes your dog lost weight...your dog had free running and playing on an acre for 5 hours a day for 2 weeks and you refused extra food(which we recommend for this reason) because you "know your dog and he doesn't eat" lol what in the world would be the purpose of lying and stealing his food? like seriously why would be bother? lol

After meeting and spending about 30 seconds with my 10 week old malinois puppy she says: "oh what is this breed? I want one of these... or a mastiff" Didn't take her long to change her mind

About a 12 week old BC x GSD puppy on their back patio: "See what we are going through, he KNOWS he's not supposed to be on that patio" I asked, "is he getting through the fence?" Her reply: "oh there's no fence. He just knows."

Or telling me little dogs are so aggressive because they snap at her mastiff cross when it runs off to them on lead and they are on a lead and can't escape

There are a lot of funny stories here but the idea of tossing up between a Malinois and Mastiff really has me laughing :laugh:

Well you know they do have similarities... they both have paws for instance, and they can both be a fawn colour... I'm sure there must be more :laugh:

There are a lot of funny stories here but the idea of tossing up between a Malinois and Mastiff really has me laughing :laugh:

Well you know they do have similarities... they both have paws for instance, and they can both be a fawn colour... I'm sure there must be more :laugh:

I know right, that got me too. I was like, "errrrmm, well they are majorly different breeds so what exactly are you looking for??"

"you shouldn't be so cruel to you dog, he is only young"

Got this one when my boy was creating unacceptable behaviour outside the sliding door while we hosted a dinner party inside, to which I promptly put in a verbal stop, he obeyed with no issues and went back to playing happily.

No wonder some houses we go to there is no sense of control and wonder why their companions do not listen to any commands at all.

I got so mad at a woman and child at the park today at the park.

Really badly.

Gus made a friend and they were playing and wrestling on the grass near the car, I was getting ready to go so had the leash out and was waiting for an opportune time to break conversation with this Lab's owner and this 4 year old kid comes flying out of nowhere, right in between the dogs roughhousing and starts laughing madly and squealing. I grabbed Gus and dragged him back, he was licking this kid like a loon and the mother walks up TAKING PHOTOS and grinning. I told her she was DAMN lucky the kid didn't get bitten, so she said 'if your dog bites you should muzzle it, she has a big dog at home'

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!

Meanwhile she lunges forward to grab the other dogs tail, misses so grabs Gus on the face.

I may have not so politely told her to muzzle her little brat next time.

I just could not fathom why you would let that occur, let alone be taking PHOTOS!

The mind boggles.

Guest donatella

Really badly.

Gus made a friend and they were playing and wrestling on the grass near the car, I was getting ready to go so had the leash out and was waiting for an opportune time to break conversation with this Lab's owner and this 4 year old kid comes flying out of nowhere, right in between the dogs roughhousing and starts laughing madly and squealing. I grabbed Gus and dragged him back, he was licking this kid like a loon and the mother walks up TAKING PHOTOS and grinning. I told her she was DAMN lucky the kid didn't get bitten, so she said 'if your dog bites you should muzzle it, she has a big dog at home'

Meanwhile she lunges forward to grab the other dogs tail, misses so grabs Gus on the face.

I just could not fathom why you would let that occur, let alone be taking PHOTOS!

The mind boggles.

You really don't see enough of these around

leash.jpg

Really badly.

The mind boggles.

leash.jpg

I could get out of those by the time I was 2... *grin*

T.

As the owner of rescue greyhounds muzzled by law I get some gobsmaking statements. What I find frustrating is the comments from adults when their children ask a simple question like the most common from kids "why do those dogs have cages on their mouths?" Too many to mention but my top five would be

1) They bite

2) They kill things

3) They can't be trusted

4) They are nasty dogs quick come over here!

5) Because they eat children

It's unfortunate so many parents have the "great wall of china" mentality, I would think educating your children instead of scaring the crap out of them because of your own ignorance would be paramount :shrug:

Really badly.

The mind boggles.

Pity you don't have to pass a test to have a child, I'm amazed so many kids survive their parents complete idiocy and negligence, it's against all odds far too often.

????

As the owner of rescue greyhounds muzzled by law I get some gobsmaking statements. What I find frustrating is the comments from adults when their children ask a simple question like the most common from kids "why do those dogs have cages on their mouths?" Too many to mention but my top five would be

1) They bite

2) They kill things

3) They can't be trusted

4) They are nasty dogs quick come over here!

5) Because they eat children

It's unfortunate so many parents have the "great wall of china" mentality, I would think educating your children instead of scaring the crap out of them because of your own ignorance would be paramount :shrug:

Pardon my ignorance but greyhounds seem to be the only dogs I see muzzled, I can remember them wearing muzzles when I was quite young, is there some special reason for this or is it an historical ruling that has something to do with greyhound racing?

I've never seen a report of a greyhound in a dog attack. I've never been rushed by one while walking my dog, I have a whole list of rushers who should be wearing muzzles and their owners handcuffs but greyhounds aren't on the list. A friend of mine owns two greyhounds and they are the most laid back friendly dogs.

Really badly.

The mind boggles.

leash.jpg

I could get out of those by the time I was 2... *grin*

T.

I had a harness like this for my kids, it stopped them running off into traffic or through the supermarket or running up to someone's dog that was tied up outside the shops and poking it in the eye or yanking its tail or as happened to me, toddling up to my dog with (I kid you not ????) a small ham sandwich clutched in its tiny chubby 18 month old hand with its father smiling happily saying "Stroke the puppy".

The puppy in question was hypnotized by the ham sandwich because she lovvvves ham. Fortunately she is wary of kids and knows not to take human food, nevertheless I intervened and the father said "Isn't your dog friendly". I tried to explain the danger but he didn't want to hear it.

Bring back the child harness I say.