What's The Most Frustrating Statement Someone Has Made To You Late

kelpiecuddles

"But why didn't you rescue one?" about my young dachie. Nothing against rescue at all but I wanted a dog from this particular breeder, raised in a particular enviroment and related to a particular dog... and I wasn't going to find that in a shelter!

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By a neighbour as I was walking my elderly BT foster Mason " why would you get one of those when you have children?".

Same guy when I got my new BT girl," my god those dogs are ugly". ( I so wanted to ask if he had looked in the mirror lately).

Another neighbour when her husky rushed over to say hi to my 3 onlead " say hello to that one ( cattle), but don't go near that one its jaws lock " ( BT). :mad

Yes my neighbour decided weeks before I bought my SBT home that she 'hated' her. Purely because of her breed.

I often see her watching them wrestle in the backyard from her kitchen. She has since decided that she prefers the SBT over the mini schnauzer because 'he plays too rough'. Ffs

A strongly held belief amongst the pig hunting fraternity here in north Queensland that I've been told too often: "If your dog overheats when hunting the best thing to do is cut the ear leather to let out the heat" WTF? You can't possibly believe that?

Well just five minutes ago I was asked by a cyclist if my 60kg mutt was a Pit-bull.

Then a car pulled up and asked me what breed he was and when I answered 'he's a mutt' they got such looks of confusion on their faces that I had to explain what a mutt was.

However I also got a comment from a lady about how lovely and shiny he was which made me :D

ETA: not that these really class as frustrating though!

I get this with my old boy, people thinking he's a pitbull....He looks nothing like a pitbull!!

post-48574-0-97309100-1378273676_thumb.jpg

A strongly held belief amongst the pig hunting fraternity here in north Queensland that I've been told too often: "If your dog overheats when hunting the best thing to do is cut the ear leather to let out the heat" WTF? You can't possibly believe that?

I work at a vet and got told that last year! I was in shock for ages as was the new vet. Just crazy

Well just five minutes ago I was asked by a cyclist if my 60kg mutt was a Pit-bull.

Then a car pulled up and asked me what breed he was and when I answered 'he's a mutt' they got such looks of confusion on their faces that I had to explain what a mutt was.

However I also got a comment from a lady about how lovely and shiny he was which made me :D

I get this with my old boy, people thinking he's a pitbull....He looks nothing like a pitbull!!

Yep! I think Pitbulls are a bit of mystery to many people (in terms of what they actually look like) and they just think anything that's not fluffy, is brindle or is muscled might be a Pitbull. My guy is quite muscled at the moment so I think that's what did it in this instance.

I don't expect people to recognise what different breeds, but I reserve the right to have a chuckle at it some of their suggestions!

here's a photo of mr Digby

D.jpg

Edited by raineth

" buying a purebred means you have killed a pound puppy".

My retort was greeted with much surprise and hurt, I think she was used to people agreeing she had the moral high ground, not pulling her off her high horse (politely of course)

Edited by Diva

Urgh! Rage icon_smile_mad.gif

Just now, a lady with an obviously not happy growling dog starts coming towards me with my pup saying 'Say hello!!!!'.

Can you not see your dog does not want to 'say hello', and as we were quite obviously keeping our distance neither did we!!

I've had the "they can't be pugs, they are too big. All the black pugs I know are tiny". That's because all the black pugs you know are byb with noses and long legs, trust me, mine are normal sized pigs.

Oh, or the owner of a 8 month old black pug x something with a nose that I mistook for an 8 week old because it was so tiny "so mine will grow up to look like yours?" I was a bit brutal with my response to that one.

The woman at the park bought a westie x malt or something from a BYB, after we'd been talking about finding her a suitable rescue dog, because "you never can tell with rescue dogs.. you just can't tell what they'll be like".

Yeah, those damn rescue dogs, just ticking time-bombs, the lot of them. Rolly eye man.

I walked into the pet shop at the local shopping centre. A woman was holding a puppy up in front of her face and I heard her say to the shop assistant "Will it bark". :mad

I continued walking and replied "No this one is special it meows"...

I then went and told the manager who with a very worried expression on her face hurried over to the woman and assistant... :eek:

I work at a vet and got told that last year! I was in shock for ages as was the new vet. Just crazy

Yep. That's exactly where I hear it - from clients at work.

The first time I heard it was not long after moving to QLD. A client came in with his pigging dog for an unrelated problem with a relatively fresh cut, clean though the ear leather about 3cm long. I innocently asked what happened to his ear.

Where do you go with the conversation after that?

Yep! I think Pitbulls are a bit of mystery to many people (in terms of what they actually look like) and they just think anything that's not fluffy, is brindle or is muscled might be a Pitbull. My guy is quite muscled at the moment so I think that's what did it in this instance.

I don't expect people to recognise what different breeds, but I reserve the right to have a chuckle at it some of their suggestions!

here's a photo of mr Digby

D.jpg

Mr Digby looks a little bit like a larger and jowlier version of my Zeddy - and Zeddy IS half Pittie... err!

post-23772-0-63746800-1378282715_thumb.jpg

Zeddy is now 14 and that nasty Trouble (Lab) beats her up... so don't believe all you hear about Pitties being killing machines - Zeddy literally won't hurt a fly - and plays nicely with others in public places.

T.

Oh I don't have a problem with Pitbulls T :)

It's just that Digby is 60 kgs and so he would have to be the biggest Pitbull ever :laugh:

Your Zeddy is a cutie and definitely there's a resemblance between Zeddy and Digby isn't there!?