Box Full Of Puppies Cause Commotion In Sydney's Cbd

Panto

http://www.dailytele...2-1226741292586

Walked past this guy in the city this morning walking the two dogs. Someone sent me this article yesterday which had had some interesting comments, not sure if they can be found again though...

Box full of puppies cause commotion in Sydney's CBD

289345-e74da87a-361e-11e3-9051-f1cffb9afa3c.jpg A man trying to sell his puppies from a small box was approached by council officers and police /Picture: Bradley Hunter Source: News Limited

289264-ec25029e-361e-11e3-9051-f1cffb9afa3c.jpg Picture: Bradley Hunter Source: News Limited

288920-df5308f4-361e-11e3-9051-f1cffb9afa3c.jpg Picture: Bradley Hunter Source: News Limited

289318-c7379e2c-361b-11e3-9051-f1cffb9afa3c.jpg Picture: Bradley Hunter Source: News Limited

< Prev

of 3

Next >

CLAMBERING on top of each other to get a better view, these are the unlikely eight culprits who caused a commotion in Sydney's CBD.

The litter of puppies were on an outing to the vet clinic to have their first vaccination shots on Tuesday, when they took a breather in Martin Place.

Owner Trevor Bussey said he was simply giving the puppies a quick run and some fresh air, but it was enough for five police officers and the RSPCA to question if he was running a "puppy farm".

Puppy farming is the practice of intense breeding in inadequate conditions, which fail to meet the dog's psychological, social and behavioural needs.

"I was doing the right thing getting them wormed and vaccinated. I stopped to give them some fresh air and to have a beer myself, and then there's all sorts of dramas," Mr Bussey said.

"Sure, I was hoping I might have sold a couple while I was there, what's wrong with that?"

Mr Bussey said the eight-week-old bull arab x staffy puppies were the first litter he had bred, and were the accidental result of his two adult dogs "hooking up".

"I didn't plan this, so I'm hardly running a puppy farm. I just want to sell them to good homes now, rather than see them go to the pound or get destroyed."

Police spoke to Mr Bussey and cautioned him that he cannot sell puppies which have not been micro-chipped.

The RSPCA yesterday said it was investigating Mr Bussey's breeding and whether the animals were being adequately cared for.

289399-ee2d4718-361e-11e3-9051-f1cffb9afa3c.jpg Picture: Bradley Hunter Source: News Limited

289428-db470fda-361e-11e3-9051-f1cffb9afa3c.jpg Picture: Bradley Hunter Source: News Limited

292530-e9a102d4-361e-11e3-9051-f1cffb9afa3c.jpg Picture: Bradley Hunter Source: News Limited

292982-c0b7cb44-361b-11e3-9051-f1cffb9afa3c.jpg Picture: Bradley Hunter Source: News Limited

Not too well organised to take them to the vets like that and stop for a beer along the way. I'd be getting them to the vet and home again asap. The puppies look a bit mangy. Look at the way he's picking the puppy up.

I dont know the area, is there a vet clinic near by?

Dont know about puppy farmer, more like BYB to me.

Edited by Kirislin

I didn't see the puppies but someone had commented the previous day there were more, so where did the others go? And that he was transporting them in a wheelie bin. The adult dogs seemed in good condition, I only pass them walking. I'll try post some of the comments, I just found them because I realised I didn't close the page from yesterday. (Can anyone else see the comments on the link?)

eta: It's Martin Place and Elizabeth st, just outside channel 7 by the looks of it?

Edited by Panto

someone by the name of 'Lisa' was commenting on this article, looks like it had been happening for a few days

not sure if the below will work:

Lisa 23 hours ago

@Barbara He isn't Barbara. He piles them on top of each other in a filthy wheelie bin and pushes them around - has been doing this for days and the Council does nothing (I reported this on Monday - twice updating on their location and asking them to send Rangers)

FlagShare

Lisa 23 hours ago @Oliver I have seen these pups up close and they are not in good shape. Can you honestly look at this scene and not see that there is something very wrong? Dodgy guy selling a box of smelly, crusty puppies in the middle of the city? Oh yeah, 'on the way to get them vaccinated'. Hilarious. Can't wash them or get the parent dogs desexed, but he's going to get 8 pups vaccinated?? HAHA. It is animal cruelty. He transports them by piling them into a bottom of a wheelie bin (yes, I have seen this more than once). Look at those little faces and tell me they are happy animals? Disgraceful that this has been allowed to go on so long.

[/url] Tony 5ptsFeatured

20 hours ago @Lisa @Oliver The pups where in good shape, happy and healthy and clean. My concern is the big dogs as they are very aggressive and i have noticed he hangs around martin place for long periods of time with the large aggressive loud dogs. I also noticed while the big dogs where fit they stunk.

FlagShareLikeReply This comment has been deleted

This comment has been deleted

This comment has been deleted

Tiffanie 5ptsFeatured

1 day ago Awwwww bless each one of those precious puppies and hope they are given the good homes they more than deserve. If I could I'd take them all.

FlagShare Lisa 1 day ago I reported this to the Council on Monday after witnessing the 'owners' dump them in a freezing cold fountain in Martin Place, they were terrified and shivering and ran away, I grabbed one before it hit Macquarie Street. As if this wasn't bad enough they were then all loaded into an Otto bin and wheeled away. They are large puppies, so there was a real threat that ones on the bottom would suffocate. Pretty certain there were 8+ puppies on Monday, so what happened to the others?? PLEASE RSPCA DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ASAP!!!!!!!!!! My emails to the Council were - of course - ignored.

Investigation underway into puppy breeder Trevor Bussey who has one month to find a good home for his box of dogs

010033-7c1c6974-36f0-11e3-bf1a-051e1d25a61d.jpg Puppy breeder Trevor Bussey at his Millers Point home. Source: News Limited

006396-7d4eba0e-36f0-11e3-bf1a-051e1d25a61d.jpg Puppy breeder Trevor Bussey. Source: News Limited

009515-760096d2-36f0-11e3-bf1a-051e1d25a61d.jpg Puppy breeder Trevor Bussey. Source: News Limited

< Prev

1 of 2

Next >

A MAN under investigation by animal-welfare advocates after he brought a box of puppies into the CBD has given himself a one-month deadline to offload the dogs - but he admits he has no idea what he'll do with them after that.

Five uniformed police and an off-duty RSPCA officer swamped Millers Point man Trevor Bussey on Tuesday when he stopped for a beer in Martin Place with a cardboard box full of eight puppies.

PUPPIES CAUSE SYDNEY CBD COMMOTION

He claimed he had just taken the dogs to a vet clinic for their first vaccination shots but he was instead asked if he was running a "puppy farm" and warned it was illegal to sell dogs which had not been microchipped.

009643-6fe8bc52-36f0-11e3-bf1a-051e1d25a61d.jpg Puppy breeder Trevor Bussey at his Millers Point home. Source: News Limited

Yesterday Mr Bussey, who faced a barrage of negative comments online for his treatment of the dogs, told the Daily Telegraph the whole situation had been "blown out of proportion" and insisted he had just been trying to find good homes for the puppies.

He said he planned to get rid of all the dogs before their next vaccinations were due in a month, although he didn't know what he would do with them if he couldn't find any takers.

"I haven't thought that far ahead ... I'm only on a pension and I can't afford to give them the next shots."

The RSPCA has launched an investigation into the incident and how the dogs were bred while Sydney City Council is looking into whether there had been any unauthorised sale.

Mr Bussey vehemently denied he had been involved in any animal cruelty, although he said he had been forced to keep 11 dogs at his house in The Rocks after the birth of the litter.

"People should mind their own business ... people who know me know it's all bullshit," he said.

"They told me it's against the law to sell them because they don't have a microchip - that's the biggest lot of crap I've heard in my life. It should up to the owners to get that done."

A council spokeswoman said its investigation was ongoing and she was unable to comment further.

009697-74d6b354-36f0-11e3-bf1a-051e1d25a61d.jpg Puppy breeder Trevor Bussey. Source: News Limited

Edited by Panto

The vet is Animal doctors at taylor square.

someone left this comment on the article yesterday too. How did you know which vet?

Because i went up to the pups and when he showed the police the vaccination paper work he told the police he went to the vet on flinders street at taylor square. After googling i found the name to be animal doctors. Couldn't find any other vets on flinders st so i believe it to be animal doctors.