Tigers Near Death At Indonesian Zoo

~Anne~

And Indonesia has the hide to be upset with our Government for spying (whodathunk Governments spy on each other!). I'd expect this from some private zoo that ran out of money but this is owned and run by the local Government. Appalling.

Not brave enough to open the link :( Poor beautiful tigers.... From the posts here they are suffering terribly :(

How can this occur ??? They are so endangered as it is mostly through humans poaching them for their beautiful skins.

Now again at the hands of bloody human's that can't even take loving care of these magnificent creatures in captivity.

These people also invite others, at a cost of course, to witness the poor tigers misery :(

Sorry it is just so shockingly upsetting to me.

The eyes tell the story in the photos I've seen on Facebook...

How can anyone keep such a beautiful animal in such revolting conditions - and charge people to view it in that state? How can ayone think this is right?

T.

Apparently this tiger has been saved. There is a link to another FB page which tells me about her current situation and I'm waiting for approval to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/498123016921219/

I sponsor a tiger (Tamriki) through WWF.. They sent me a picture and regular updates on his health..

I have a sponsor child, Ouly, in Senegal and I wanted to so something for animals on the same level..

It was a toss up between an orangutasn, elephants and the tigers for me and looking through it all, I ended up with the tiger.

Why are humans so bloody stupid and pig headed? Its bad enough that humans capture or breed wild animals to be kept in cages, but then to be so stupid as to treat them so disgustingly as well??

Why for the love of God don't they hand them over to a Western Zoo so they can get all the help they need to survive?

I have not, nor will ever travel to Indonesia in any capacity. This only adds to my disgust.

If I were to see a tiger in a zoo in the condition of those Indonesion tigers, I'd probably be arrested for my response/actions.

I showed the photos of them to a couple of male workmates, and they teared up with me... and these are "tough" guys...

No animal deserves that...

T.

I find the comments about not travelling to Indonesia a little narrow to be honest.

Indonesia is also home to a large number of legitimate orangutan and wildlife sanctuaries.

Saying you won't ever visit because of things like this is like saying you won't ever visit Victoria because there are puppy farms there. It's illogical.