Growing Old

rusty&biscuit

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the oldies and miss mine every day...

8214866585_cf0230b8de.jpg

Ollie kisses with Cory by jamoore photos, on Flickr

Ollie had two hats on his 10th birthday because he reached double figures (and no one thought he would)

8168027208_5d0e9de1ca.jpg

Ollies 10th birthday by jamoore photos, on Flickr

This was taken not long before he was given his wings at 14 years and 4 months and a half months old.

12126502104_0a5e2ddbaf.jpg

Ollie dog 2011 by jamoore photos, on Flickr

I just love the pics of all the oldies - they really are so very special

Old age snuck up on her Ams. She had no health issues until last year when she had 3 operations for eye growths. I think that aged her. I just noticed in the photo her teeth look positively rotten at the back but it must be shadow as I ran to check but they are all nice and clean. Phew!

I adore the oldies but the last year hasn't been that kind to me as I have lost 3, soon to be 4.

The first pictures is my gorgeous old cat Devon, 16yrs old and in end stages kidney failure. He has been an amazing personality, brilliant with the dogs and hopefully I will have a little time with him left even if it is just measured in days. This is him pictured last week.

post-808-0-03673000-1390616604_thumb.jpg

Then we have Millie who I lost last year at 2 weeks under 16 years. She is pictured at 14 yrs

post-808-0-26259800-1390616707_thumb.jpg

Finally Millies son Mac who died 6 weeks prior to Millie at 13 years old

post-808-0-57369800-1390616690_thumb.jpg

I also lost my oldie Cat Keriem but don't have a picture of her as an oldie. She was 15yrs

This is Dan. He is nearly 13. He belonged to my cousin, who went into a nursing home, and subsequently passed away. Dan came to live with me, showed everyone who was boss, including rude boxers, and hasn't missed a beat since. I love old dogs. They know everything!!

post-438-0-47019000-1390616965_thumb.jpg

My old girl Ness is now 13 years 4 months. Had a rough few weeks with her and nearly thought we were going to lose her a fortnight ago but she has bounced back ok and so far she is still out walking my young girl :laugh:. I just got her back tonight after nearly 5 months living with my parents. She had cruciate surgery just on 15 weeks ago. Not sure if its a temporary return or she is back for good yet.

post-4836-0-04640700-1390644754_thumb.jpeg

post-4836-0-29457700-1390644765_thumb.jpeg

This is Baylee, better known as the Old Chook. These photos were taken in the last few months of last year.

IMGP4417_zpsaadae63a.jpg

10092013293_zps5ed559b9.jpg

She was given her wings in November 2013 at 11 1/2 years old due to heart and kidney failure. She was the fun police, but also the instigator of great fun, usually every morning with Dee. They would play the noisiest game of chasey you have ever heard. They sounded like a herd of elephants romping around up stairs and the bounding could be heard in the kitchen and out in the backyard. She loved to chase the young dogs, chase balls and bubbles. She loved to swim and take walks. In the last few months the walks were much shorted and slower, but she was still as enthusiastic as her younger self. She was a great eater and she loved to work. She would bark her head off while I was training the younger dogs in obedience until she got to do some healing and the figure eights. And the car. OMG she loved the car and was the biggest hoon I have ever known. She would stand between the two front seats with her feet on the centre console. If she could not stand she would drop with her paws and head resting on the console. She loved to see where we were going. :love::heart:

IMGP6075_zps6a7ca1d5.jpg

IMGP6025_zps5a71a157.jpg

Her last day and last Christmas.

IMGP6192_zps94e043f8.jpg

26122012176.jpg

She is greatly missed by us all. The house is a lot quieter and the younger dogs not as playful. :(

Edited by grumpette

Baylee is so gorgeous :love:. There really is something about old Rottweilers.

5908381779_c3b0b09055.jpgz1 by -clover_elvis-

Astro & Clover both now gone. They were born only months apart, and died only months apart at 13 years old. Best friends til the end.

This photo was taken at Astro's 13th birthday party, they had such a great day.

Astro didn't belong to me as such, he was a friend of mines life and love and service dog. He is very much missed and always loved. Both dogs adored visiting one another and would have old dog gallops up and down the hallway :laugh:.

It has been 2 years since they both left us and not a day goes by that they are not thought about :love:.

She had a very expressive face Grumpette. Just imagine the havoc she is getting up to over the bridge these days!

She did have the most expressive face LG. And she was such a clown. I have many photos that she photo bombed. Like this one :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IMGP8541.jpg

Puggedforlife, there used to be a pug on here when I first joined called Gherkin. She was a scream too. Something sad happened to her though. I don't know what. If you search the pug thread for her name I'm sure you will see pics and read about her antics.

Edited by Little Gifts