Arachnophobes Do Not Look

persephone

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been bitten by a Huntsman about the size of the one in the OP... on the side/back of my neck! Turned into a whopping great boil-like mess that had to be drained... and I couldn't turn my head for 3 weeks.

Any that come into my house are sprayed with flea spray (slows them down), then smashed against the wall with an ugg boot - and I leave their guts there to act as a deterrent to the next bloody spider that thinks it's ok to come in my house...

... then I go change my undies...

T.

Any that come into my house are sprayed with flea spray (slows them down), then smashed against the wall with an ugg boot - and I leave their guts there to act as a deterrent to the next bloody spider that thinks it's ok to come in my house...

Noooooooooooo... :cry:

post-1359-0-91704900-1394342589_thumb.jpg

My fear of spiders came from Dr Who... before I saw the Spiders From Mars episodes I was quite fine with the critters - even having a cool collection of live bird catching/eating hairless jobbies when we lived in PNG (they were so cool then... but now they give me the heebies!)

Funnily enough, the only spiders I'm NOT afraid of are the ones I really SHOULD be... I'm fascinated by Funnel Web spiders if/when they cross my path. I catch them in glass jars and just stare at them for ages...

Then again, Funnel Webs aren't as fast and scuttly as Huntsmans... and they don't run AT you!

This sums them up nicely... lol!

post-23772-0-87744300-1394348331_thumb.jpg

T.

I have been a person who has been freaking at spiders since a child and gradually got better, mostly due to having no one else there to assist me when they show up. Seeing that photo I realise....I want to learn to do that :)

Can you set up a training for us Perse? You can even charge... :thumbsup:

Shame you're so far away ..maybe we could have a Arachnophobe's Attitude and Awareness "retreat" here ..with photography stress release opportunities ;)

Edited by persephone

I have been a person who has been freaking at spiders since a child and gradually got better, mostly due to having no one else there to assist me when they show up. Seeing that photo I realise....I want to learn to do that :)

Can you set up a training for us Perse? You can even charge... :thumbsup:

Shame you're so far away ..maybe we could have a Arachnophobe's Attitude and Awareness "retreat" here ..with photography stress release opportunities ;)

:scared:

:bolt:

Damn straight they bite. I was picking grapes in Griffith in my early 20's and they lived in the grapevines, couldn't tell you how many times a day I got bitten and that is where my spider phobia came from. Any huntsmen in my house now get treated to the "thong of death" :scared:

Damn straight they bite. I was picking grapes in Griffith in my early 20's and they lived in the grapevines, couldn't tell you how many times a day I got bitten and that is where my spider phobia came from. Any huntsmen in my house now get treated to the "thong of death" :scared:

dont use these shoes

dont use these shoes

:laugh: No Grosby's here a good old Aussie thong or a Doc Martin...game on Harry.

Ugg boots do a good job of squishing - more weight in them than a thong... you get the satisfying "pop" when you smash the buggers!

T.

You tap so softly you can hear a pop :eek: I'm guessing my next door neighbours can hear the bang when I dispatch one of these massive creatures. I ensure they'll have a very quick, painless departure.

Huntsman's crawl on sleeping people? :eek: Surely you jest. Please tell me this is not true.

I'm not going to sleep tonight....

I had a 2 week battle with one in my bedroom. I slept on the couch for a week as a result.