Does Anyone Know What Rescue Amy Gurney Runs?

Mmz KieraLee

google search will take you from there if you add her real name ;-)

:eek::cry: Oh No! I didn't know it was her! I've sold her birds before :( They were gorgeous hand raised Orpingtons. She is on all my local FB pages. She was going to take one last bird but then I noticed she was always taking on animals so I didn't follow it up as I worried she was onselling what I had already given her. I feel sick now thinking about how my beautiful, hand reared babies have been living. She seemed nice enough when we met.

Edited by Clyde

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sas, do you know who is taking the animals, who can I contact? I want to get the chooks back. I gave a lot of them to her for free as she said she wanted to get in to showing and I was just trying to give her a good start. I'm willing to buy them back.

Thanks KC! I've phoned the RSPCA and left my details and the breed, doubt I'll hear back :(

That Dane pup looks suspiciously like a one of the litter being advertised a month or so back. Will go back through the pet pages and can see if I can find the photos.

No worries, I have a large frame down the back which will eventually be a greenhouse, it's all meshed in with aviary mesh and sitting there empty at the moment(other than thigh high grass!) and realistically I probably won't have plants in it till spring so it's vacant if needed.

Hope the person who took the photos has offered to help clean the place up and rehome the animals.

Why should they? They're doing the animals a service by alerting the authorities who can then do their job!

Sas, do you know who is taking the animals, who can I contact? I want to get the chooks back. I gave a lot of them to her for free as she said she wanted to get in to showing and I was just trying to give her a good start. I'm willing to buy them back.

I'm not sure which agency is going out i.e. AWL or RSPCA - if it's RSPCA then well we know how useless they are.

Hope the person who took the photos has offered to help clean the place up and rehome the animals.

Seriously mate? I think you live in a world of rainbows and lollipops if that's what you really think.

Someone has said (a comment on one of the photos) the AWL went out there and she had cleaned everything up before they got there. Don't know why it was spread all over FB before the relevant authorities were alerted.

ETA: Just going by what someone posted on one of the photos, no idea if it's true or not, which is the problem when you get second/third hand info. Still don't think it's wise to spread photos all over social media before the authorities are informed and have a chance to get out there.

Edited by **Caz**

Cleaning up? That's a bit of a hoarder tactic anyway. They get 'rescue' volunteers in but they end up just being enabling. Very few animals leave and more come in.

I'm so sorry Clyde :cry: you must be heartbroken.

Someone has said (a comment on one of the photos) the AWL went out there and she had cleaned everything up before they got there. Don't know why it was spread all over FB before the relevant authorities were alerted.

ETA: Just going by what someone posted on one of the photos, no idea if it's true or not, which is the problem when you get second/third hand info. Still don't think it's wise to spread photos all over social media before the authorities are informed and have a chance to get out there.

another comment said RSPCA were there earlier in the week, couple of days before AWL I think.

Cleaning up? That's a bit of a hoarder tactic anyway. They get 'rescue' volunteers in but they end up just being enabling. Very few animals leave and more come in.

I'm so sorry Clyde :cry: you must be heartbroken.

Yeah, I'm just feeling angry now. The breed is now classed as a rare breed. So I handed them over believing she'd care for them but also go on with them. Filthy little waste of space she is.

I don't even like foxes, but that fox in that tiny pen is a disgrace.

I reckon she is seeing that Dane as a money spinner come maturity.

I'm pretty sure it's actually illegal to keep a fox as they are considered vermin and there is a requirement to euth them, the same as if you catch a carp when fishing you have to kill them and aren't allowed to throw them back even if you are fishing catch and release.

I'm pretty sure it's actually illegal to keep a fox as they are considered vermin and there is a requirement to euth them, the same as if you catch a carp when fishing you have to kill them and aren't allowed to throw them back even if you are fishing catch and release.

in New South Wales you do not need a license or permit to own a fox (as a category 5 animal) under the the Non-Indigenous Animals Regulation 2012. As foxes are not currently a declared pest under the Local Land Services Act 2013, there is no legal obligation for land managers to control them. Foxes may be kept in captivity, but it is an offence under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 revised 2009 to release them. It may be possible in some rare cases to obtain commercial permits to keep foxes in both Queensland, South Australia and Victoria. Please contact your state government office of National Parks and wildlife for further information regarding this matter.

http://sydneyfoxrescue.com/