Blade Sharpener Anyone? Please...

I have taken on a new hobby, that of clipping friends and relatives' dogs. One problem….the individual concerned whom I send my blades to be sharpened has simply no idea and the blades come back to me in exactly the same shape as they were before I sent them away to be sharpened, lol. Does anyone know of some one capable of sharpening clipper blades so that they may prove useful? I have 10 dogs from a selection of friends and relatives forming a queue and 6 blades that wouldn't cut through butter. Please Help….anyone?

Also, do you different length blades, or do you put a comb on to adjust the length (hope that makes sense!). If the dogs you are grooming are matted or very dirty, the combs often won't go through. You might need to use a shorter blade.

Another vote for Ian Parsons from Feather Edge www.clippersharpening.com.au He charged me $10 per blade and I post them off to him with a cheque or he will accept DD and they are usually back within a week at the most.

I've never had a blade come back that is not sharp and they seem to last longer than those I had sharpened at Clipper World.

Another vote for Feather Edge, Ian is the best around his dad Charlie was very well known in the grooming/hairdressing industry. I normally drop the blades/scissors at his house and he either couriers them back or I collect them a couple of days later.

Don't waste your time with Clipperworld their sharpening service is useless.

• 3 months later...

Another vote for Feather Edge, Ian is the best around his dad Charlie was very well known in the grooming/hairdressing industry. I normally drop the blades/scissors at his house and he either couriers them back or I collect them a couple of days later.

Don't waste your time with Clipperworld their sharpening service is useless.

I and a number of my friends use clipper World for both scissor and blade sharpening and find their service excellent