Snuffles ...

I don't think that it's necessarily his looks that mean he's not been adopted... he is a working dog cross... likely to be a handful in the wrong home.

T.

Yes I doubt being rehomed 4 timed by 4 months old is purely down to having a nose defect. He is very cute though, I love his paws.

Edited by Terri S.

If I ran that shelter, I'd be fund raising for corrective surgery. In the hands of an experienced surgeon, I imagine it would be a pretty simple procedure really.

I do not think it would be simple ... and as it's not damaging to his health , why spend a fortune ??

If I ran that shelter, I'd be fund raising for corrective surgery. In the hands of an experienced surgeon, I imagine it would be a pretty simple procedure really.

I do not think it would be simple ... and as it's not damaging to his health , why spend a fortune ??

If it is stopping him getting a home, why not. If the money came from contributions and the surgeon gave his/her time. If a little tweak here or there gives any living thing a chance at a better life, I am all for it. Emphasise little - I am not advocating radical surgery or do something just because you can. I am merely thinking of giving the dog more chances for a good home.

Neither am I implying that his nose is the only reason he has been bounced from home to home. I imagine the shelter needs to be more rigorous in its screening - unless he was bounced from home to home prior to coming into the shelter then the poor screening of potential homes needs to be laid at someone else's door.

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

It looks like a variation of a hair lip. And the rest of his face looks odd too, like his eyes are too far apart. I'm sure he is a lovely dog but something went wrong while he was cooking.

It looks like a variation of a hair lip. And the rest of his face looks odd too, like his eyes are too far apart. I'm sure he is a lovely dog but something went wrong while he was cooking.

The dog looks like a normal Mal, only with a funny nose. Apart from that there is absolutely nothing wrong with him. The dog is healthy and certainly does not need 'corrective' surgery.

This story was all over facebook earlier this year. Bouncing from home to home and struggling to find an appropriate owner had nothing to do with his nose and everything to do with his energy levels. I believe the dog found a permanent (working?) home some time ago.

*ETA, from memory the multiple homes were before he landed at the shelter at under 6 months old.

Edited by Red Fox

The dog looks like a normal Mal, only with a funny nose. Apart from that there is absolutely nothing wrong with him. The dog is healthy and certainly does not need 'corrective' surgery.

This story was all over facebook earlier this year. Bouncing from home to home and struggling to find an appropriate owner had nothing to do with his nose and everything to do with his energy levels. I believe the dog found a permanent (working?) home some time ago.

*ETA, from memory the multiple homes were before he landed at the shelter at under 6 months old.

I g**gled him .. and apparently he did find a suitable home :)