Puppy S O S

*kirty*

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heavy breathing, yipping, shrieking, clawing, thrashing and throwing back the head

this image is haunting..... I am certainly not averse to corrections/discipline ... but this is just awful ..and I have seen it when I have caught feral dogs , when they were , in their minds, fighting for their lives. I would hate any dog of mine to feel that way because of what I was doing ..... :(

heavy breathing, yipping, shrieking, clawing, thrashing and throwing back the head

this image is haunting..... I am certainly not averse to corrections/discipline ... but this is just awful ..and I have seen it when I have caught feral dogs , when they were , in their minds, fighting for their lives. I would hate any dog of mine to feel that way because of what I was doing ..... :(

that sounds like a blind panic/terror to me. :(

that sounds like a blind panic/terror to me. :(

Can't you see it's actually just the dog's manipulative way of dominating you??? [sarcasm]

Scary to know borderline abuse is being promoted as 'helping a dog' to those who don't know better.... in 40+ countries around the world no less.

Edited by Terri S.

Sounds like a bully who is trying to make up for his shortcomings by trying to dominate creatures who have little ability to defend themselves - as bullies do.

There is a video on youtube of his screaming at a client at his group lessons in front of everyone else. The owners look as whipped as their dogs. All she did was question why he did what he did and he went into a tirade of how crap her dog was and how good his was so how dare she question him.

I get OH to watch it and then quiz him on what he thinks is wrong with it :laugh: only value in it

I've watched a couple of the episodes on tv and there is something very off-putting about the guy. I just watched an episode of him working with a husky, and he made it sit by pulling upwards on the lead, instead of teaching a command with a word or gesture.

Look at this clip...the poor dog!

Sounds like a bully who is trying to make up for his shortcomings by trying to dominate creatures who have little ability to defend themselves - as bullies do.

There is a video on youtube of his screaming at a client at his group lessons in front of everyone else. The owners look as whipped as their dogs. All she did was question why he did what he did and he went into a tirade of how crap her dog was and how good his was so how dare she question him.

I get OH to watch it and then quiz him on what he thinks is wrong with it :laugh: only value in it

Is it this one? I just saw it.

What a jerk :mad

He regularly hangs, hits and even punches dogs including in the face. And he TRAINS OTHER PEOPLE

How such an abusive prick ever got his own show is beyond me

Edited by Nekhbet

If you have a spare 15 mins, here he is apparently 'taming a wild dog' (or talking crap and showing off about how great he is when he actually doesnt seem to know what the hell he's doing while seriously risking a bite from a very concerned dog).

Never reward the dog during this exercise. This includes no verbal praise, patting the dog or verbal communication. Food treats are never to be used during any training!

Oh dear :eek:

Terrible advice.