Everybody, Please Meet Mack!

A few of you may remember me from a few months ago, I posted about my girlfriend and I before we moved to Bendigo and was seeking information on greyhounds for adoption.

Well, we made the move and after falling head over heels in love with this giant goofball, he came home with us today!

Mack (formerly Couda) is a Bullarab x Dane, and he's just turned one. We met him at the dog park and I got giant slobbery kisses straightaway! His on-lead attitude and recall need a lot of work, being a giant meathead he's as strong as an ox! But we're prepared to be super patient and consistent, as he is our Furever Dog. We bought a gentle leader this morning and did a bit of training with him this afternoon, and SUCCESS on our first walk! Probably helped that he was getting tired after a big day, but we'll get there.

Last night I sat there cutting the eyes out of some soft toys, which he gravitated to straight away! Carrying them daintily around in his mouth and placing them gingerly on the mat before he went outside :laugh:

We had the washing machine on, he didnt bat an eyelid. Rang the home phone a few times, didnt bat an eyelid. The only thing he baulked at was an Obama moneybox we have, guess hhe's politically minded :laugh:

I know this thread is useless without pics, so I'll upload some later! He is currently zonked out in front of the TV after a big day :)

He doesn't happen to be from furever friends does he?

If so I saw him when I was looking around for my own puppy and thought he was such a lovely boofa! I'm so glad he found a lovely home with you :)

Its hard to type with half a horse on your lap, but here are some pictures :laugh:

Plum tuckered out after a big day. Comfy even with his head wedged against the door :laugh:

post-31360-0-65395400-1400316752_thumb.jpg

Taking to the car like a champ (and generally being adorable)

post-31360-0-61741300-1400316753_thumb.jpg

Making himself at home with his kong!

post-31360-0-56917600-1400316754_thumb.jpg

In his partially constructed sandpit just after we got him home

post-31360-0-82287200-1400316755_thumb.jpg

Looks like he has already settled in nicely! I'm so glad he's found himself a nice home, I was so sad every time I checked and he was still listed for adoption, he looks like such a sweetie and I'm sure he'll have a great life with you :)

Maybe this might hold people over until we get some new home photos :)

http://www.petrescue.com.au/listings/256806

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Hmmm, yeah, I like him heaps. LOL.

Love his new name too.

Welcome MACK! All happiness to you and your new hoomans

WOOF!

:thumbsup: