Tranter Stands Down From O L

_PL_

She gives as good as she gets, so this is a surprising press release.

Sometimes life just wears you down. Sounds like she has some serious health issues and after years of battling against puppy farmers, the fact that they are still allowed to operate without much control, perhaps she's decided to save herself.

I think she's done a great deal of good to bring awareness of so much cruelty but until pet shops and online sales of all these crossbreeds stop, there's no hope.

It's all based on greed. These puppy farmers that sell online mislead buyers by saying they are registered breeders for God's sake

Agree. She is publicity savvy and determined and this has done an enormous lot of good. Conversely, she has caused a lot of damage and she was instrumental in setting the scene locally on how to harass by stealth using the internet.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I think it's sad.

And I quite agree. It's funny how on this forum and other internet sites, some people love to cut down those people and organisations who are helping to change the perception and treatment of animals. Let's save our anger for those who mistreat animals and profit from their mistreatment.

Having been one of the targets of social media at one time by someone who didn't even know me, but attacked my efforts to help animals, it is never okay to hide behind a keyboard and sprout venom as some do. They would never say it face to face or without the backup of the anonymous army.

I don't know if Debra Trantor did what some are saying, but I do know she has done a truckload of good for a lot of animals, possibly at the expense of following a better life for herself. Maybe we can celebrate that instead.

Very nicely said, stellnme.

The article also says the lady has a heart condition & had a heart attack last year. As someone who's recently had a heart valve replacement, I understand her need to take care of her health. I wish her well in that.

Didn't see any signs that she gave a hoot about her victims and the possible health conditions or the state of their hearts.Do unto others I say and live by the sword you better expect some back.

A good cause does not excuse awful behaviour. Especially when that same behaviour is now being complained about. As someone said, its pot and kettle, and as much as I abhor internet bullying I don't cry for the pot.

A good cause does not excuse awful behaviour. Especially when that same behaviour is now being complained about. As someone said, its pot and kettle, and as much as I abhor internet bullying I don't cry for the pot.

No it doesn't excuse her vigilante actions, trespass, theft and other behaviours she partakes in and encourages others to do the same in the name of "animal rights"

"Oscars Law" is nothing more than a bunch of looney animal rights activists.

Ensuring animals receive and acceptable level of care according to legislation and that they comply with planning is the job of the RSPCA and the Local Councils, not a bunch of nutters lead by Tranter.

Didn't see any signs that she gave a hoot about her victims and the possible health conditions or the state of their hearts.Do unto others I say and live by the sword you better expect some back.

Really? How harsh you are. The woman presently has a heart condition and I wish her well in taking care. I'd wish you well, too, if it were the case for you.

Edited by mita

Really? How harsh you are. The woman presently has a heart condition and I wish her well in taking care.

One of the woman she harassed was also suffering ill health. In fact, if my memory serves me it was also a heart condition.

Edited by ~Anne~

Victoria is way over regulated and factory farming of dogs flourishes - less small breeders more large commercial breeders - what an accomplishment.

I'd totally agree with you there. The new Victorian laws actually sanction large scale commercial breeders. And show total ignorance of any studies which show the optimum conditions for the development of sound companion dogs. Which conditions are more likely to be associated with the 'smaller' breeders (but not necessarily so, of course).

Really? How harsh you are. The woman presently has a heart condition and I wish her well in taking care.

One of the woman she harassed was also suffering ill health. In fact, if my memory serves me it was also a heart condition.

Tell me more, so I can wish that person well, too.

I note you edited out the rest of my quote where I indicated that I would wish anyone, in that particular health situation, well.

Edited by mita

Sad that opinions are so diverse when there is a common ground of a dog's welfare.

:cry:

Far too many have their own agendas. I don't mind being criticised for my rescue effort should it be warranted however from certain quarters on this forum, it isn't appropriate.

Just because you own a dog, know a dog, do the odd pound drive, are paid to work with dogs, read books about rescue work in other countries and so on - doesn't give you any idea of how hard it is to run an ethical rescue group. I put countless hours (pretty much all my spare time) into helping people keep their pets, train their pets apart from rescuing with my own money but some people still like to take aim. I have a very, very low opinion of those people. :mad

Sad that opinions are so diverse when there is a common ground of a dog's welfare.

Far too many have their own agendas. I don't mind being criticised for my rescue effort should it be warranted however from certain quarters on this forum, it isn't appropriate.

Just because you own a dog, know a dog, do the odd pound drive, are paid to work with dogs, read books about rescue work in other countries and so on - doesn't give you any idea of how hard it is to run an ethical rescue group. I put countless hours (pretty much all my spare time) into helping people keep their pets, train their pets apart from rescuing with my own money but some people still like to take aim. I have a very, very low opinion of those people. :mad

Agree and some have chosen to encourage the terrorist and illegal behaviours which go even further than this. No one regardless of their current health conditions should have to live it.

Edited by Steve

I don't mind if they take aim, but they do it in groups, and without having the backbone to put their own name to it. I had the dubious pleasure of confronting my detractor and shook her hand after introducing myself, she didn't know what to say and couldn't get away fast enough, after she realised she was talking to a real person. At least Debra has the guts to put her own name to all she does. Maybe she is not perfect and has made mistakes, but who hasn't. At least she has put her money where her mouth is.

Tell me more, so I can wish that person well, too.

I note you edited out the rest of my quote where I indicated that I would wish anyone, in that particular health situation, well.

Say what?

I didn't edit anything of yours, Mita. I removed the words "no, not harsh" that I had written. :confused:

Why would I edit your words if they already exist in a post that only you can edit? How bizarre.

Aaahh, I can see now what you're on about. I didn't even know you had edited your original post. I quoted it, as it was, and then edited my post after, removing some of my words that I felt were unnecessary.

Edited by ~Anne~

I don't see the point - its got nothing to do with wishing her well - no one is wishing her unwell - having a health condition doesn't excuse you for years of poor behaviour surely ?

Having been on the receiving end of her attacks just for having a differing opinion I'm surprised but I actually feel nothing.

To be honest I think it's probably a publicity stunt to get people off her back.