Owner Exaggerations

raineth

My daughter and I we're just up the Main Street and we saw an Akita. While my daughter was giving him a pat, the owner informed us that he (the dog) was 70 kilograms and as he was only 18 months old he would probably eventually reach his sire's weight of 90 kilos!

I just smiled and said 'that's pretty big for an Akita huh?' Which made the owner smile very proudly :laugh:

Anyway it made me think of some of the other slightly outrageous things I've heard owners say.

The other exaggerated story that sticks in my mind was from these two old codgers who we're telling me about their long-deceased Rottweiler who bit an intruder on the backside and his jaws could not be prised off the intruder's backside for two days!!! :laugh:

Anyway... I'm sure everyone's heard some great ones, so please share... :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every single dog my dad has ever owned is apparently the smartest dog that ever lived... :laugh:

Haha my dad is guilty of a bit of dog-related exaggeration too. He is convinced that Irish greyhounds are around 70 kilos and the size of Great Danes :laugh:

Was trying to offer advice to someone whose dog kept escaping and wandering..gave up after they insisted that there was no point in fixing the fences as their dog could clear jump 25ft without touching the wall.....

I didn't consider it exaggeration though...I assumed another motive altogether.

I had a rotti boy who was 47 kilos... and that's a heck of a lot of dog! He was actually lean at that weight. Some rotti owners like to exaggerate the weight of their dogs for some reason though... my boy was plenty huge at 47 kgs... and at 43kgs he looked too thin...

One of the guys at work says his rotti is 65kgs - and it's now 7 and has arthritis. He's looking into stem cell treatment to help the arthritis, so I helpfully suggested that trimming the dog down in weight will help a lot also... *grin* (his dog is FAT - I've seen photos)

T.

a local idiot who owns American bulldogs once challenged me to race my whippets against his dog because he insisted it was actually even faster than a greyhound so would thrash my whippets. I didn't take him up on it because his dog was terrifying and I'm sure would have attacked any other dog that it could reach.

If they're that fast why are we racing greyhounds? We should be racing American bulldogs. :laugh:

a local idiot who owns American bulldogs once challenged me to race my whippets against his dog because he insisted it was actually even faster than a greyhound so would thrash my whippets. I didn't take him up on it because his dog was terrifying and I'm sure would have attacked any other dog that it could reach.

If they're that fast why are we racing greyhounds? We should be racing American bulldogs. :laugh:

He wins because he eats the competition :eek:

That is pretty funny though in a head banging against the wall kind of way.

Ahh yup my friends reckon their Old English Sheepdog will get to waist height laugh.gif

Okidoke. Maybe stock up on hairspray & teasing combs thumbsup1.gif

Actually if they are short people.... :wink:

And kidding aside, many pet people I have met describe their dog as waist high because they are using the top of the head to measure and not the withers.

Certainly no excuse like that for the weight braggarts (or are they getting pounds and kilos confused? tongue.gif)

Person describing their dog: My Alsatian sits, drops, stays for hours, heels, comes to his name, knows not to take the washing off the line, waits for his food and fetches things for me.

Me: wow that is impressive you must have done a lot of work with him, good on you. How old is he now?

Person describing their dog: 9 weeks

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Person describing their dog: My Alsatian sits, drops, stays for hours, heels, comes to his name, knows not to take the washing off the line, waits for his food and fetches things for me.

Me: wow that is impressive you must have done a lot of work with him, good on you. How old is he now?

rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif Bless 'em!!

Bit off topic, but… I saw that man and his Akita getting coffee in the main street a few weeks ago. His owner might exaggerate but my gosh it's a beautiful dog! love.gif

I've seen two different ones recently but they are both pretty gorgeous :) very snugly looking :)

The one from today, his right front paw is flat. So look for that and you'll now it's the one I'm talking about!

rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif Bless 'em!!

That's hysterical! They might be in for a few surprises over the coming months!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That is fantastic! I'm guessing that when he's staying for hours he's actually asleep!