New Blackhawk Grainfree - Available Yet?

seregil

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well how disappointing!! :cry: . Finally got to read the ingredients for the new grain-free range only to find they ALL contain bloody chicken. One of my dogs has a chicken sensitivity and I was hoping the new beef and lamb varieties might have been an option. I was also hoping I could use the tinned stuff to mix in with his Royal Canin Sensitivity as I have trouble getting him to eat it.

......easy to tell that chicken is a cheap ingredient.

Well how disappointing!! :cry: . Finally got to read the ingredients for the new grain-free range only to find they ALL contain bloody chicken. One of my dogs has a chicken sensitivity and I was hoping the new beef and lamb varieties might have been an option. I was also hoping I could use the tinned stuff to mix in with his Royal Canin Sensitivity as I have trouble getting him to eat it.

That's our problem. My boy is doing really well on Earth Born Coastal Catch. It's fish based and grain free, they also have a lamb version smile.gif

I find that a little weird....why not call it Beef & Chicken, or Chicken & Lamb. Why don't you get on their facebook page & tell them, you are a bit disappointed.

I find that a little weird....why not call it Beef & Chicken, or Chicken & Lamb. Why don't you get on their facebook page & tell them, you are a bit disappointed.

My thoughts exactly Sheena! and I already have commented on their facebook page.

Agrred, I am very dissappointed it isn't a single protein source food. And also agree they should call it what it is, not beef oh and we added chicken. I also want chicken free.

That's our problem. My boy is doing really well on Earth Born Coastal Catch. It's fish based and grain free, they also have a lamb version smile.gif

LisaCC I have tried Earth Born's lamb variety. Started off just adding about a tablespoon to his current diet....got to day 4 then explosive poo's :eek: . Haven't been game enough to try their fish one, its too expensive to waste if it does not work for him and last time it took me several weeks to get his poo's back to reasonably OK. I have also tried him on BH fish and potato and while he did not get the runs per se, his poo's were still just barely formed.

Seregil,

You could ask for a sample? Also most petshops will refund or replace super premium food even if it's half eaten smile.gif. We went through a lot to find the right one!

Nova went ok on the Lamb, but he went off the taste.

I was happy with this condition on the Holistic Select grain free too (Fish again), but again he went off it and would refuse to eat for days.

We got the poop explosions and vomits with chicken!

LisaCC just getting a sample of a food for my boy is not always enough to know if it will suit him. Sometimes when I try a new food it can take up to a week or so of gradually mixing the new food in before I start to get problems. His reaction to the Earthborn Lamb was faster than usual. I did actually take the rest of the bag back to Petstock as I had used so little (and it was nearly $50 for the small bag :eek: ). They did refund me but were rather reluctant as it was not a 'palatability' issue so I doubt they will let me try something else then expect a return.....

It was a shame as I rather liked how Earthborn's ingredients list read. I have looked at Holistic Select too and may try that one day.

Personally I would rather buy Aussie made, like Blackhawk. Tried Advance, that was disastrous and it also did not suit my other dog who can normally eat anything :( .

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone that's interested, Earthborn now have a large breed grain free food available. It does have chicken though... I'm keen to give it a try when we finish our current bag of food.

I think there is also a new Earthborn weight management variety too.

Have a few customers using this, but keep in mind it isn't grainfree for those who want to feed without grains.

I bought a 20kg bag of the Fish and Potato variety. $104 I think. The list of ingredients looks pretty good, busy mixing it in the last of the chicken and rice I have been feeding and no problems

Sent from my Galaxy S5

• 4 weeks later...

Have been feeding my maltese / poodle on Artemis Holistic (Osopure , Maximal)for yonks; (mornngs he get dry, evening he gets homemade raw Kanga / green smoothie n carbs, either chickpea, sweet potato or pumkin)..pleased to an Australian brand that looks comparable at a lower cost :D Bought the Fish & Potato and mixed it with the Osopure this morning... he gobbled it up unusually quick... hoping that it was the inclusion of the BH.. fingers crossed

Edited by Waitaki