Doctor Charged & Convicted Of Cruelty

VizslaMomma

What I don't understand is why lawyers tender evidence of someone being under severe stress as mitigation. If they take their stress out on a small and slight dog like a Papillon, I would argue that that is even MORE reason for them to be severely treated under the law. It shows them to be bullies and cowards.

I don't care how nice this fellow was towards "financially strained" patients, he should have been given the full sentence allowable.

What I don't understand is why lawyers tender evidence of someone being under severe stress as mitigation. If they take their stress out on a small and slight dog like a Papillon, I would argue that that is even MORE reason for them to be severely treated under the law. It shows them to be bullies and cowards.

I don't care how nice this fellow was towards "financially strained" patients, he should have been given the full sentence allowable.

I, for one, would never have him at my bedside.

How about his obligations as the father of 4 children and wife?

:mad

Agree completely

I was also shocked when I saw this, but then I started wondering if it would have been any different if the dog in question had been a bigger dog. It would also have been awful of course but would you have felt any differently?

Majority of dogs are heaps smaller than most humans.

A supposed adult, supposedly educated lost his temper with an animal. Size is but part of the equation, imo.

His behaviour stinks.

No, I am totally appalled.

He is a bully.

I was also shocked when I saw this, but then I started wondering if it would have been any different if the dog in question had been a bigger dog. It would also have been awful of course but would you have felt any differently?

A supposed adult, supposedly educated lost his temper with an animal. Size is but part of the equation, imo.

His behaviour stinks.

He is a bully.

I agree with you VM. I am not trying to excuse him in any way at all. I just wondered if we felt even just a teeny weeny bit more appalled because it was such a cute little dog.

I agree with you VM. I am not trying to excuse him in any way at all. I just wondered if we felt even just a teeny weeny bit more appalled because it was such a cute little dog.

I got a bit more hacked off that the media was calling the dog 'poochie', tbh.

Then I guess that's more me.

I looked at my baseball bat & wished I could belt his knees with it.

I pack a mean wallop.

Yes. There would have been some difference in the horror I felt at his actions if the dog had been a 60kg Rottweiler or similar only because the dog would have been more able to defend itself and simply because there would be more of it to be able to cope with the attack.

It doesn't in one iota alter my feelings of disgust for this dreadful man.

The fact that he is a surgeon only makes his actions worse - he KNOWS first hand what can happen to a body, any body, when it is assaulted.

I would like to see him investigated by the applicable Board.

I would like to see his face on every street corner ensuring that he is ostracised.

His behaviour stinks.

He is a bully.

I don't, can only speak for myself though, wouldn't matter how big the dog was.

so they could have given him a $22,000 penalty, but didn't? he is a surgeon, and yet still they don't give him the toughest monetary fine. :mad

scumbag.

Agreed.

Social workers on the bench again

enforce laws and see the results of fewer reports of animal abuse, imnsho

:cry:

I find it astounding that his lawyer mentioned that it was the fact that the dog had diarrhoea and messed on the carpet that sent the surgeon into a rage (not that we're admitting guilt, of course). If he has that sort of response to a sick dog, it is hard to imagine much (any?) empathy with sick patients. I would have thought a medical professional would have taken a bit of a poo mess in their stride.