My Most Stupid Question Ever Posted

Christina

So do dogs know when we start to play a computer game ? :laugh:

I can be sat here browsing & typing with them content around the room not bothering me & the minute I play this game & the music starts they come & pester, jump up at me, knock my arm :eek: causing me to make mistakes etc. Even tried it with the sound turned down but they must have been spying on me as they still came over to pester.

My dogs definitely notice small changes in my posture or what I'm doing. My Aussie especially, watches me like a hawk.

I can be studying at my desk for hours and as soon as I make the smallest move toward taking a break she knows and is all over me. It's freaky. It's like she can read my mind :scared:

Yes, in the same way that children know when you are sitting on the loo and suddenly need to have a deep and meaningful conversation with you...

:rofl: No peace going to the loo with dogs either unless you shut them in a room first.

Sometimes I wonder do they think the toilet will swallow us up & make us disappear forever.

Nope - my dog just tries it on every afternoon when she thinks it is walk time.

which is usually about 30 mins to an hour before we went for a walk yesterday...

Or she thinks I need a bit of a wind up to get going...

She brings me shoes.

She does zoomies round the house.

She barks at me.

And then she jumps on me - and barks in my ear.

If I still don't respond - she consoles herself by eating the shoe.

Jake watches TV and barks at all the dogs, Jyst looks interested if it's an Attenborough with other animals. He dies get huffy if I pick up my phone to look at stuff. Can't think why the game Woukd be different, does the screen flash it have interesting creatures in it?

I have the speakers on mute, so not really a problem. And the attention seeking doesn't really modify from when computer has my attention or not. They are still equally stealing stuff for attention or pacing around with dramatic sighs of the cruelly ignored or reminding you that a meal time is eminent (usally hours before it's even due :laugh:)

BUT

They hear it turning off and there is a spectatcular explosion of activity with running to the kitchen, the back door or the front door....what fun stuff is about to follow!

I have the speakers on mute, so not really a problem. And the attention seeking doesn't really modify from when computer has my attention or not. They are still equally stealing stuff for attention or pacing around with dramatic sighs of the cruelly ignored or reminding you that a meal time is eminent (usally hours before it's even due :laugh:)

BUT

They hear it turning off and there is a spectatcular explosion of activity with running to the kitchen, the back door or the front door....what fun stuff is about to follow!

Yep when my two hear the computer shut down they jump up and start randomly running around the house :laugh:

Yes, in the same way that children know when you are sitting on the loo and suddenly need to have a deep and meaningful conversation with you...

:rofl: No peace going to the loo with dogs either unless you shut them in a room first.

Sometimes I wonder do they think the toilet will swallow us up & make us disappear forever.

I think they realise we are trapped in a confined space and at their mercy! I've given up even closing the door properly because it is simply not safe to get up mid pee to try and stop all the scratching. I'm going to take a video camera in with me one day and film all the heads that poke in and the furry bodies all splayed in the hallway when I finally choose to exit. Who knew my toileting habits were so interesting!

Not on the computer but the dogs seem to know when I am working on velour paper. They will be fast asleep in the other room till suddenly I need to get a piece out. Its furry and attracts hair like nothing else! Once I have drawn on it I have to remove the hairs one at a time with a pin. Usually with two fluffy onlookers breathing and dropping hair *eye twitch*.

My dog gets very excited when the phone rings...

maybe because I get up and run around looking for it and then I start talking - and she always joins in... woof woof woof woof.... would be ok if she had volume control.

And the fly swat - I have no idea why that's so exciting. Something in the evolution of hunting (flies) together?

My dog is aware of what clothing I'm wearing... if I'm in casual clothes she's all well and good, but when I put a shirt and trousers on she lies on the floor with her head flat looking glum. I especially noticed it today as I was wearing casual clothes for a while as woke up early, but the minute I changed into work garb she knew I was going to work.