My Savage Beastie Lol

Yonjuro

... oh, what a baby :laugh:

After such a trying day playing fetch, having a nice snooze, a long walk and a lovely meal, it was time to Ronin to relax with his very first toy :D

What a hard life this beastie has :D

When Ronin was born, I sent this Snuggle Puppy to our lovely breeder who rubbed it all over his Mum and Sister before he came over to me at just over 8 weeks.

Ronin is 11 months now so I am also amazed the toy is still alive too :D He has destroyed a couple of Tuffy toys but he is generally very gentle with it. My wife has done some emergency sutures on it though.

It really is the best thing, as when it gets to the witching hour, I can often circumvent it by saying "get you puppy" and he jumps up to his spot on the sofa with his mat and has snuggle time :laugh:

Edited by Yonjuro

Nawww! Lili my Aussie does this! She has Sharky and Monkey (a shark and a monkey, so original lol) and if we need her to settle we just grab one of them and off she goes, she will fall asleep sucking on them and kneading with her paws :love: she is 6 now and still does it :)

Edited by Dame Aussie

Nawww!! Ronin is so cute!

Novas first toy is headless. It did last quite a long time, but then he destroyed it at about 12 months. It's body still gets played with though laugh.gif

Thanks! :) Oh I dread the day when this thing disintegrates - funny thing is he only chews the head :confused: :D

Edited by Yonjuro

Nawww! Lili my Aussie does this! She has Sharky and Monkey (a shark and a monkey, so original lol) and if we need her to settle we just grab one of them and off she goes, she will fall asleep sucking on them and kneading with her paws :love: she is 6 now and still does it :)

That is lovely :)

That's pretty gorgeous.

My big boy Beowulf (aka The King) has his security toy as well. It's just adorable, he's such a big, regal dog and then he reverts to puppy hood :laugh:

:laugh: Yeah, it is funny as Ronin is quite big and strong and struts around and wrestles with his best bud Bonni the Rotti but inside he can be a real softy.

Edited by Yonjuro

Norty brown dawg is three and he still mouths his stuffies just before he falls asleep; Ronin looks quite delicate about it...not so norty brown dawg who likes to shove a whole lot of stuffy in his gob laugh.gif

:laugh: - yeah, well sometimes he gives it a bit of a shake to show it who's the boss, but then it is back to gentle snuggle time :D

I'm always intrigued at these stories of dogs and their toys, particularly those where the dog is very very attached to a particular toy. Year in and year out a box of toys has sat on my deck and it is never looked at. IFrom time to time, I will tip it out, swish around the tug toys, gently roll the tennis balls, drag the socks around, and my dogs look [rolly eyes] at me as though: we always knew she was nuts. Very occasionaly when she was younger, Tamar would chase a tennis ball ...... once. She'd never bring it back and if I threw it, well I was trying to murder her wasn't I. Only on her terms. Strange creatures :laugh: :laugh:

Ronin is absolutely gorgeous. Such a gentle soul.

Baylee had her Tigger for 11 and 1/2 years. He has some flee holes in him, but is otherwise intact. If you put him in the down stairs town box she would retrieve him and take him upstairs to her bed each night, where he would get a good fleeing.

The other two could not really care about their puppyhood bears.

IMGP3106_zps925f31ff.jpg

Ronin is absolutely gorgeous. Such a gentle soul.

Baylee had her Tigger for 11 and 1/2 years. He has some flee holes in him, but is otherwise intact. If you put him in the down stairs town box she would retrieve him and take him upstairs to her bed each night, where he would get a good fleeing.

The other two could not really care about their puppyhood bears.

IMGP3106_zps925f31ff.jpg

Thanks grumpette :) Baylee is a real beauty.