Kavik

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All,

On my news feed on FB I found out about a new organisation for pedigree registration, claiming to be an alternative to ANKC. Any thoughts? How is the other alternate organisation going? MDBA?

http://www.australia...eeregistry.com/

We are doing pretty well thanks Kavik

Julie

Thanks :) I haven't heard much from you guys lately so wasn't sure how you were going.

So with this new one it makes 3 registries?

Hi All,

On my news feed on FB I found out about a new organisation for pedigree registration, claiming to be an alternative to ANKC. Any thoughts? How is the other alternate organisation going? MDBA?

http://www.australia...eeregistry.com/

We are doing pretty well thanks Kavik

Julie

Thanks :) I haven't heard much from you guys lately so wasn't sure how you were going.

So with this new one it makes 3 registries?

More like 20

Oh and they are going to hold shows for the dogs registered with them.

What can I say it's ummm very interesting reading.

And it reads that they welcome people with any breeds (I wonder if that means cross breeds) to apply for a prefix.

Edited by Riley James

Oh and they are going to hold shows for the dogs registered with them.

What can I say it's ummm very interesting reading.

And it reads that they welcome people with any breeds (I wonder if that means cross breeds) to apply for a prefix.

They say they are

From the website:

"WE ARE DITCHING STEREOTYPES

Each specific breed of canine comes in all shapes, sizes and colours. "

Umm, no they don't, that's the point of specific breeds :confused:

And line breeding is "incest" :laugh: Yes, I'm sure that's how dogs see it.

ETA As far as I'm concerned they can have their registry and do whatever they want with it but don't feed people misinformation :mad

Edited by Simply Grand

But how do,you show a dog that has no breed standard being a cross breed ?

I have no issue with cross bred dogs and over the years have had a few and loved them no differently to my pure bred pedigree dogs.

But the difference is I know what my purebred dogs were supposed to look like my cross breeds have looked like a jiggled pigged cross bred dog lol.

Anyway I think I'm thinking myself into circles lol.

Yay, finally I can show Jake. Um now what breed am I going to call him....? Has to be something unique so he will win his class.

Really if you can register anything then what's the point. Get your registration for council and call those papers. It's just a list if names on papers if you're cross breeding.

From the website:

"WE ARE DITCHING STEREOTYPES

Each specific breed of canine comes in all shapes, sizes and colours. "

Umm, no they don't, that's the point of specific breeds :confused:

Umm, yes - in my breed they come in black and tan, black and tan or black and tan! And pretty darn specific shapes and sizes too, for that matter!

If you want a breed to look like a breed, then you follow the standard for that breed...

This is such airy-fairy stuff it would be laughable if it wasn't going to attract so many people with equally airy-fairy ideas.

I dunno, it sounds very much like an American thing... can't get registration so start up your own organisation and then say yours in better because you are more invested in dogs health than looks. Their target market can then become a member, pay the membership fees and have some number or prefix to use to persuade buyers that your litters are in some way superior??? No offence to our American cousins, it just sounds too familiar.

We have similar organisations that pop up in martial arts (of which I teach). These organisations in martial arts are ALWAYS dodgy and their membership reads like a who's who of charlatans. Having said that my impression comes from someone who is a traditionalist and my teacher has unquestionable credentials in Japan so I guess I am lucky and don't need to look at alternatives.

Spunds like a similar name and rules etc to an organisation that someone I know who breeds registered whippets, unrego'd purebreds and megabuck mongrels, belongs to. Have to be audited etc, and its okay to whelp bitches, in a shed, on a concrete floor with a thin layer of newspapaer down. Yep thats something I aspire too......... :banghead:

Edited by OSoSwift

I think I read something yesterday about this group and it sounds like 2 of the main people are disgruntled, (and now banned), Dogs NSW people... Speaks volumes really :) ...

The address is the same as a furniture removalist in Victoria.

interestingly the first section of their FAQ is whether they will register dogs that are otherwise placed on the limited register with normal ANKC. and yes - yes they do. so whatever reason the breeder had for placing them on limit is ignored... so long as they pass a vet check.

if the registry meant anything then I am certain this would be very upsetting for actual reg breeders selling their pups on limited reg.