This Footwork & Teamsmanship Is Just Amazing

This is just brilliant stuff. Apart from all the other lovely smooth moves & sends to the weaves....check out the running backwards. I couldn't run backwards to save my life :laugh: They make it look so easy

Edited by sheena

To say nothing of managing to avoid tripping over the dcog or being taken out by the dog. How good would it be to be able to give such timely information to a dog that travels at that speed. The dog seemed to have no questions.

To say nothing of managing to avoid tripping over the dcog or being taken out by the dog. How good would it be to be able to give such timely information to a dog that travels at that speed. The dog seemed to have no questions.

At one stage there, she almost trips over the dog. It almost looks as if the dog goes between her legs. Ohhhhh...to be 30 years younger & have all that enthusiasm :laugh:

I've got a handler spot in a seminar with Orenius/Emanuelsson in March! SO EXCITED! :D I love their handling style!

Oh lucky you :thumbsup: I would love to just go & watch. I am still trying to get my head around Blind Crosses without tripping over the dog :laugh:

Oh lucky you :thumbsup: I would love to just go & watch. I am still trying to get my head around Blind Crosses without tripping over the dog :laugh:

I think I started in agility at a good time (started competing beginning of last year), I was using blind crosses almost from the beginning so well versed in them... Being a fast running handler helps too! I've not been wiped out by Elsie yet, but I'm sure that day is coming :laugh:

I've got a handler spot in a seminar with Orenius/Emanuelsson in March! SO EXCITED! :D I love their handling style!

Sheena - you can - not that I'm enabling or anything :rofl: . Was just looking at this site for something else - and look what I see. :laugh:

I think I started in agility at a good time (started competing beginning of last year), I was using blind crosses almost from the beginning so well versed in them... Being a fast running handler helps too! I've not been wiped out by Elsie yet, but I'm sure that day is coming :laugh:

No problem with Bindi as she is a slow coach...but Cricket is a different matter. It would be a very brave handler to try blind crosses with him :laugh:

Tassie...unfortunately the seminar is going to be in New Zealand.

Sorry, my apologies...it is in Sydney :thumbsup:

Edited by sheena

Gawd my club used to have hysterics about blind crosses. I could never work out the problem as my dogs weren't the nicking off types. This lady is staying a lot closer to the dog then other handling systems I've seen.

Great to watch! It's ok for you youngsters DD :laugh: but I will stick with H360 as I can send the dog and get out of the way rather than trying to keep up. Ziggy is getting FASTER at age 8 - ran 10 seconds under time on a Masters Jumping course which is unheard of for him - last run of a long weekend of trialling too. I was gobsmacked :laugh: Loving blind crosses on weaves, tunnels and winged jumps now :thumbsup:

:rofl: Yep - at the Equestrian Centre ... not too far away from you at all :rofl:

No... only an 8 hour drive or fly/train plus accommodation :( I wonder if you learn all that much when you are just a looker...especially when one's hearing is not all that good :(

Me and my stupid questions!

When training especially young dogs, would it help the dog, if the handler wore white long sleeve tops say with different colour pants. In retrieving circles we wear white tops as the dogs can see us easily, especially at a distance and if cover/trees behind us.

Nevertheless in short drills we still wear white for clarity.

Me and my stupid questions!

When training especially young dogs, would it help the dog, if the handler wore white long sleeve tops say with different colour pants. In retrieving circles we wear white tops as the dogs can see us easily, especially at a distance and if cover/trees behind us.

Nevertheless in short drills we still wear white for clarity.

It has crossed my mind when deciding what to wear to an agility trial, but I don't really think it would help. The dog should have you in his sights the whole time anyway as he is going off your body language to direct him where to go :) But it is an interesting point....maybe others might have an opinion.