Name Of Animal Herbalist ?

I don't think they are herbalists, more homeopathic. I have tried some of it and 2 instances made me decide not to buy it any more. One was that dog was diagnosed with a condition after he had been on a preventative for that type of condition over a long period of time.

Corrie, are you saying McDowells are homeopathic rather than Herbalists or are you referring to Canine Vitality? I wonder about this with McDowells.

I've bought a few supplements from McDowells for my dogs and for myself. Of course with the ones I was taking myself it was pretty clear they weren't doing anything. It's a bit harder to know what's working or not working with the dogs. None of the products did what I expected they would do so I've decided their products are not for me. They're not cheap to buy either.

They are possibly herbalists as well, cavNrott, but the particular preparations I purchased from McDowells seemed more like a homeopathic solutions. I have not purchased from Canine Vitality, though, and I am not familiar with the company.

I am open minded and happy to give anything a go but have come to the same conclusion as you. And I agree they are certainly not cheap.

Edited by corrie

:) McDowell are herbalists who occasionally include some bach flower remedy . here are ingredients for one of their mixes : Blue Flag Chamomile, Dandelion, Echinacae, Fennel, Garlic, Ginseng (T), Kelp, Nettle, Parsley, Pine Bark, Red Clover and Violet Leaves as well as the Bach Flowers Olive, Scleranthus, Walnut and Rescue Remedy.

I find them amazingly helpful , and this has reminded me to order some stuff for myself :)

I missed the post unfortunately - I would have been interested, maybe Steve can PM me or repost if possible.

This person has a dog that has been on doggy prozac for a short while but she wants to try something else for boosting serotonin levels for more long term use. The only thing I know of is tryptophan + B and the commercial preparations like Vetalogical Calm etc will be very expensive for a 4 year old husky for the next 8-10 years

Edited by Yonjuro

Steve your now deleted post was informative. I took note of it and thank you for the info.

You must be up in the middle of the night too - I thought I got it before anyone would see it .

Steve your now deleted post was informative. I took note of it and thank you for the info.

You must be up in the middle of the night too - I thought I got it before anyone would see it .

I too would loved to have known :)

I missed the post unfortunately - I would have been interested, maybe Steve can PM me or repost if possible.

This person has a dog that has been on doggy prozac for a short while but she wants to try something else for boosting serotonin levels for more long term use. The only thing I know of is tryptophan + B and the commercial preparations like Vetalogical Calm etc will be very expensive for a 4 year old husky for the next 8-10 years

Some McDowell's we ordered were too foul tasting to give the dogs. But I swear by their Maritime Pine Bark.

Dogs apparently get a good seratonin boost from a long bone chewing session. Works for my own nervous boy, he gets quite dreamy. Haven't tried acupuncture but one of my adopters loves it.

Are you a fellow insomniac Steve? That accounts for me being here in the early hours.

Some McDowell's we ordered were too foul tasting to give the dogs. But I swear by their Maritime Pine Bark.

The mixtures I bought for my dog and the one I more recently got for myself all taste exactly the same. Foul.