The Challenge: Who's Got The Fastest Dog In Australia?

Kirislin

This is a Nation wide fun competition. Various dog sporting clubs around the country are participating, and the Yarra Valley Whippet Social Racing Club is running it in Victoria. I believe this is the 2nd year it's been run and the first time in Vic. We expect this competition will grow and grow over the years. A 100mt dash to see who's got the fastest dog. It's not a race, all dogs will run alone and they'll get 2 goes at it, the fastest time will be the one submitted and will then be ranked against other dogs around the country. All breeds and x breeds welcome. You will need to pre enter this comp, entries close on May 8th. Details are here.

16437264834_7b307dcb0c.jpg5F6A8705_1 by kirislin, on Flickr

16871876898_5d9e1743fc.jpg5F6A8837_1 by kirislin, on Flickr

16574213118_95423f7dcb.jpgIMG_1354_1 by kirislin, on Flickr

15558639420_84b567a45f.jpg5F6A6006dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

15558570000_9bb93685a5.jpgBaby can RUN!! by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone needed evidence that some dogs are just BUILT to run - that last photo proves it. And bless the Basset for giving it a red hot go.

I'd enter cos it looks like a hoot but distance and the fact I'd have to tie s lamb chop round a stick to keep ernie moving, deter me.

If anyone needed evidence that some dogs are just BUILT to run - that last photo proves it. And bless the Basset for giving it a red hot go.

I'd enter cos it looks like a hoot but distance and the fact I'd have to tie s lamb chop round a stick to keep ernie moving, deter me.

that's my baby girl Neko.

I'm not sure but NSW might be running the comp as well. All times will be recorded and although they're looking for the fastest dog they'll still be declaring the individual breeds' times. You might have the fastest labrador.

I hope you have a fun and successful day Kirislin :) I would encourage everyone to go along and have a try - it's such good fun!

We had our competition on Good Friday, Poppy came 5th Unregistered Small and 40th out of 61 in total. Not bad seeing as 'unregistered small' currently ranges from Poppy size to Amstaff/BC size.

Full results here - http://www.wcds.com.au/#!2015-april-fastest-dog-comp/cxr0

Some of Poppy from the day taken by Studio Joy.

IMG_4910.JPG

IMG_4911.JPG

IMG_4912.JPG

IMG_4914.JPG

IMG_4915.JPG

I hope you have a fun and successful day Kirislin :) I would encourage everyone to go along and have a try - it's such good fun!

We had our competition on Good Friday, Poppy came 5th Unregistered Small and 40th out of 61 in total. Not bad seeing as 'unregistered small' currently ranges from Poppy size to Amstaff/BC size.

IMG_4915.JPG

This is the good life a cherished puppy dog lives!!!!

:flower:

Full results here - http://www.wcds.com.au/#!2015-april-fastest-dog-comp/cxr0

Some of Poppy from the day taken by Studio Joy.

IMG_4910.JPG

IMG_4911.JPG

IMG_4912.JPG

IMG_4914.JPG

IMG_4915.JPG

Woo hoo go Poppy!! Did you see Mouse the greyhound from Greyhound Angels WA CC?

Can I throw the tennis ball that far though? Jodie would be the fastest over tennis-ball-throw distance. Sam only if he's doing his zoomies, and Stevie gets above a canter rarely now - unless people are sitting on a blanket on the ground with food spread around them!

Looks like great fun, I will be there with my two feral Tollers.

I apologise in advance the noise they make :)

get your entry in soon then, it's pre entry, not on the day.

Yep, just did the online entry and payment :D

I swear, with the noise they make they aren't in pain, they are just really excited lol

HW, Mouse is our hero, she is just gorgeous and I never miss a chance to fondle her ears :) She's such an all star adventure dog too, such a great greyhound role model! She's the same size as our old Frida so I have a soft spot for her. She's the fastest dog in our club for sure!

HW, Mouse is our hero, she is just gorgeous and I never miss a chance to fondle her ears :) She's such an all star adventure dog too, such a great greyhound role model! She's the same size as our old Frida so I have a soft spot for her. She's the fastest dog in our club for sure!

I follow Mouse's FB page, it's amazing the things she does like lure coursing, kayaking you name it she has a wonderful time. I posted the video ages ago of Mouse in her chariot behind Mums pushbike it's brilliant.

Mouse doesn't follow Stan's FB page though :( but I guess eating meat pies and laying on the lounge watching the footy isn't what Mouse sees as adventure.

"Nothing to see here peeps, just me laying on the lounge" Ahhhh a day in the life of Stanley :laugh:

Edited by HazyWal

My dog might win on a twisty track but not in a straight line. She's well out run by whippets, some border collies, kelpies, wolf hounds, but put a corner or two in and she's back in the race.

We did lure coursing at Virginia a while back - they had greyhounds running on the same day - and their times were nearly half my dog's best effort... wow.