Mac's Last Days

westiemum

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DD Mac's Grandma is 77 in November and can't use a PC - but she loves online shopping!! (Yep she looks and chooses and I buy!!! LOL!!))

Thanks everyone - Mr Mac is doing quite well. He seems to be adjusting to the new meds, is slightly wobblier but still pottering around and enjoying life - he polished off a serve of Maggie Beer's scrambled egg this morning in double quick time!

You know everything happens for a reason. I'm between jobs at the moment - hoping to go back to work the third week in August. But the up-side is the rest I'm getting (sort of!) and getting to spend days with my westies - and yes at this time with Mac in particular - so yes everyday is a treasure! thumbsup1.gif

Yep it sure is Caz - and I doubt I'll go back to work until the week after next at the earliest - so we still have many cold mornings and days of snuggles ahead of us! He's snoring next to me on the lounge at the moment - my darling old man...

Well its happened again. After a bit of trial and error with the anti-convulsants, Mac is pretty much back to his 'normal' wobbly old self. He has to be the most incredibly resilient old boy on the face of the planet. Tough as Nails!!

He's currently draped across my lap, snoring his head off!! In his Crows jumper!! (His PJs are in the wash!!)

post-11746-0-36413500-1439100569_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You're on!! 500k should do it! laugh.gif

A friend of mine sent me a newspaper from Cunnamulla where I lived for a couple of years as a child. The house we lived in was a great big Queenslander and the house today, all renovated, is for sale at $285,000 !!

Checking in to see how my fave oldie is doing today!

Yes indeed. How is our Wonder Westie?

He's remarkable. He's lying on his blankie under the coffee table at my feet - his new favourite spot. Its clear the anti-convulsants make him more wobbly - but he seems to be coping with two a day - and he's much steadier in the afternoons before his evening dose than he is in the mornings. We had a very bad night last Thursday night where he wouldn't settle - and I did wonder if he'd had a seizure I didn't see. I ended up having to put him in the laundry so I could get some sleep. But he has since settled since thank goodness and he's back on my bed where he belongs! thumbsup1.gif

He's a real snuggle pot - I woke up this morning with him breathing his Mac Attack breath all over me, woofing to go out for a wee - and wee he did!! laugh.gifThat's all he wanted - he went straight back to sleep in the crook of my arm for another hour or so after we went back to bed. He's still eating very well - and interestingly he's asking to go outside for a wee but not for a poo... but then again I'd rather pick up poo inside than clean up wee any day! Its almost like he doesn't even know the poo is coming until its too late - small price to pay for my lovely old man. smile.gif

Edited by westiemum