Mac's Last Days

westiemum

Yep I know what you mean T - I'm definitely mentally preparing for the time that is coming while enjoying every second i have with him. I finally got Gallomph's PJs off him for a wash when his Crows jumper appeared out of one of the boxes. He's warm and looks very smart!

post-11746-0-46437000-1438249272_thumb.jpg

ETA: Does anyone know why these photos don't insert the right way up? Must be something I'm doing but I don't know what!

Edited by westiemum

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I know what you mean T - I'm definitely mentally preparing for the time that is coming while enjoying every second i have with him. I finally got Gallpmph's PJs off him for a wash when his Crows jumper appeared out of one of the boxes. He's warm and looks very smart!

post-11746-0-46437000-1438249272_thumb.jpg

ETA: Does anyone know why these photos don't insert the right way up? Must be something I'm doing but I don't know what!

I saved the photo and it was right-side-up on my desktop but when I put it here it fell over again.

So I screen-shot it instead

here ya go

post-26505-0-64754000-1438250146_thumb.png

hehehe, Mac looks like he is just going to give us a wink.

Love his jumper

Yes he still looks very good CnR.

Unfortunately he had two smaller seizures in quick succession this afternoon. I'm off to the vet to collect a different anti-convulsant for him shortly. I'll see how that goes but if it bombs him out and increases his wobbliness too much then I'll take him off it and just concentrate on quality of life for however long that may be - and I suspect it won't be long now.

Thanks B - the good thing about these new meds is that they don't seem to be bombing him out quite as much. He's comfortable and snoozing 4 hours down the track so I'll give him a few days to adjust to the meds and go from there. At least they are not making him as dozy and wobbly as the Pexion did.

Thanks T hug.gif - I'm under no illusions that we are in 'Mac's last days' now - but he has responded well to the new anti-convulsants - so far. He's on Kepcet (levetiracetam) and he's a little wobblier but he's still mobile - and reasonably steady tonight. . Whereas when he was on the Pexion he was bombed out and basically immobile. So the lesson here is definitely to not give up completely if the first lot of drugs don't work. The signs here are that the Kepcet will be much better for him even though I will have to manage a three times a day dosage when I go back to work. So again we'll see how he goes over the next 48 hours or so...smile.gif

Reporting in. We’ve had a bad night here and not all due to Mac. The other two westies both vomitted through the night after getting into some blue cheese that their stupid mother left it in reach embarrass.gif (insert rolly eyes here!). Mac was also very unsettled understandably - so it took until 4.30 this morning before I think all the pacing, weeing, vomitting and general restlessness subsided to the point we could all get some sleep.

But the good news is that Mac seems to be adjusting well to the Keppra. He’s still mobile, pottering around and is slowly recovering from his seizures yesterday. This slow recovery seems to be his pattern. So I hope this medication continues to helps him as the first grand mal two weeks ago really knocked him around If the Kepcet/Keppra doesn’t work or doesn’t suit him then we’ll stop and what will be will be.

Thanks so much for all your kind posts and support - it means a lot.

LOL goodonya westiemum. Well they do all like to keep us on our toes. Can't have Mac getting all the attention. Good to read that he is adjusting to the new meds and fingers crossed he continues to improve.