Mac's Last Days

westiemum

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all. He has very few teeth and generally his breath isn't too bad but at 4 am 2 cms from my face it can be a bit whiffy! laugh.gif

The funny thing is he seems to be getting more demanding as he gets more demented! And after his laryngeal tie-back op in June 2013 he now barks like a demented seal! He stands at the bottom of the stairs and at the top of the stairs and barks in a deep raspy voice - very intentionally - to be lifted up or down - he seems very concerned to be left behind and its a real 'what about me? Don't forget me!" raspy bark - its really very funny. laugh.gif And of course he barks in my ear at 4 am if he needs a wee...

• 3 weeks later...

Mac had a bad weekend - very very wobbly and back end collapsing to a sit more often than I'd like. Started preparing mentally... frown.gif

And then I came home last night and he's back again - fairly galloped down the side path when I went out to find him. thumbsup1.gif And he's so much steadier again.thumbsup1.gif He's asleep next to me on the lounge as I type. And he's becoming a fussy old boy... he wouldn't eat his breakfast this morning which worried me - until he gobbled down Sarah's - pedantic old boy!!! So relieved... but the time is definitely coming...

It sure is DD. We're getting to the point of 'probable lasts'... Next Tuesday he'll have his 'probably last' clip... frown.gif But I am looking forward to a night on the lounge with him tonight watching the Crows!! thumbsup1.gif He's still a snuggle bum laugh.gif

Edited by westiemum

It sure is DD. We're getting to the point of 'probable lasts'... Next Tuesday he'll have his 'probably last' clip... frown.gif But I am looking forward to a night on the lounge with him tonight watching the Crows!! thumbsup1.gif He's still a snuggle bum laugh.gif

I’m not a footy fan, but I am looking forward to collapsing on the couch with my latest book purchases surrounded by doggy cuddlers.

Maccles and I have had a lovely night - snuggled up on the lounge. Even though the Crows went down tonight in a less than stellar performance (to put it mildly), I'm incredibly proud of all they've achieved this year thumbsup1.gif after our coach's murder in early July. crying.gif And I'm very proud of my old boy in his Crows jumper!! thumbsup1.gif Yep Caz, a Crows fan to the end!! thumbsup1.gif

post-11746-0-11255300-1442583412_thumb.jpg

post-11746-0-74033600-1442583457_thumb.jpg

Edited by westiemum

Maccles and I have had a lovely night - snuggled up on the lounge. Even though the Crows went down tonight in a less than stellar performance (to put it mildly), I'm incredibly proud of all they've achieved this year thumbsup1.gif after our coach's murder in early July. crying.gif And I'm very proud of my old boy in his Crows jumper!! thumbsup1.gif Yep Caz, a Crows fan to the end!! thumbsup1.gif

post-11746-0-11255300-1442583412_thumb.jpg

Westiemum, I thought of you and Mac whilst watching the game tonight. Even though I'm a staunch Lions fan, I was barracking for the Crows tonight, after their horrendous year. Hope you and Mac had an enjoyable night, despite the outcome. Cuddles and nibblies are great for football viewing!

That's simply adorable that jumper. I was hoping for a crows win too, as a swans supporter would have loved a GF with crows v swans! I was at the game when we recently played them, amidst the Goodsey travesty, and still crows fans were one of the loveliest - quickly replaced my previous second team for this year I think. What a nice night being able to spend with Mac, I love that you appreciate this so much in the now, not in hindsight :heart: