Peruvian Inca Orchid Dog

HazyWal

I have just come across a rescue in Newcastle NSW advertising a rare Peruvian Inca Orchid dog for adoption.

I have never heard of this breed so no idea if they have it right or not :/ has anyone ever seen one IRL?

https://www.facebook.com/DogRescueNewcastle/photos/a.172433719452710.42240.172426779453404/1077581135604626/?type=1&theater

post-38965-0-29645500-1435227141_thumb.jpg

Edited by HazyWal

Hmmmm apparently there is one breeder in Australia that has had one litter with all pups accounted for, her comments have been removed I've been told O.o

Edited by HazyWal

If she is purebred I'd be expecting pedigree papers with her, otherwise no way I'd believe it.

From the way it's written up it sounds like the people who surrendered her gave the breed details so could be true, like that imported Beauceron that ended up in rescue :shrug:

Edited by Simply Grand

Depend what site you look at, this one looks totally different to that one to me :/

http://www.dogbreedi...rchidphotos.htm

The ones on Animal planet video look like your link Hazy..

Yeah if you just google images for them there are quite a few variations by the looks. There is a breeder in South Australia.

Sheridan I don't know I just saw this on DRN's page this arvo.

That's ridiculous, someone is dreaming it up!!

I'd take a guess that the dog may have Italian Greyhound in the mix as they can develop a lot of bald areas and also have some body areas without much hair.

Yeah agree dogmad I thought it was odd to pick a rare breed and then advertise it as pure :/ Someone is a champion googler by the looks :laugh: Anyhoo it's interesting to see them as I said I'd never heard of them in my life!

Not that I'm any kind of expert on dog breeds :o I'm hopeless, I can't even pick crosses.