Terrible Things Your Dog Is Forced To Endure

Boiled chicken (with rice) is my dogs all time favourite food. I'm boiling up a chicken to make soup and once I've used what I need tonight I will reboil what is left over with rice for the dogs tomorrow. I just had to run a stew over to mum and dad's for their dinner and I came home and the house smells glorious! But poor Tempeh. It is too much for her and she is trailing dribble all down her front. Even though she is a pei she is not a dribbler but the smell is obviously causing saliva overload. And she still isn't getting any for her dinner tonight and still has another couple of hours of cooking to endure! I'm an evil mother.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gets woken up from his sleep on the couch to go and sleep in his comfy bed in the bedroom. Has to sleep in said bed because the one time I let him sleep on my bed I dared to roll over and disturb him and he got the shits and went top sleep in his bed.

LOL! Love this thread.

Issy - has to surrender her Pooh Bear for washing and sits staring at the washing machine and then back at you, as if you are the worst kind of murderer who is drowning Pooh Bear. ( Previously there were multiple Pooh Bears and they were surreptitiously rotated. This is the last one, I am on a frantic Pooh search for her specific Pooh model, other Poohs have been soundly rejected).

Alf - has to vacate his armchair so it can be vacuumed, and is forced to temporarily lie on a memory foam sheepskin covered bed.

I take mine places and then take photos of them! They know the drill so well that the minute I get the phone out, they sit and pose. This can be pesky when I am trying to get an action photo!

This can all get rather boring and tiresome for the poor dears.

Sometimes my friend also takes photos of them. This is what Amber thought of that!

2chhs6.jpg

Any time Luna gets a bone she is asked to go eat it on HER bed. She thinks it's very unjust that she can't eat it on MY bed, because she sleeps there as well. In fact, the whole house is her bed and she should be able to hide or eat her bones where she pleases.

Poor Ernie.

He's so upset.

He's only allowed on the BLUE couch but it's across from the BROWN couch. We are on the BROWN couch. So he's humphing and sighing and doing his best 'noble Labrador' face at us but we aren't budging. He's now flinging his teddy around and giving us side eye to see if one of us will relent and let him up with us as he's so damn cute.

Any time Luna gets a bone she is asked to go eat it on HER bed. She thinks it's very unjust that she can't eat it on MY bed, because she sleeps there as well. In fact, the whole house is her bed and she should be able to hide or eat her bones where she pleases.

This. The look on Lili's face when she's told to get off the bed/couch with her bone is priceless.

I cook and eat people food and I DONT SHARE.

I teach her impulse control and she's not allowed to eat that delicious roo until I say so.

She's not allowed to madly run out into front yard

Not allowed to run on the road

Not allowed to harass the neighbours cat

Not allowed to steal the practicing footie teams ball

Not allowed in the trash

Not allowed to jump on me

Not allowed to eat the rabbits

A hard horrible life ;)

Edited by Thistle the dog

Jodie acquired a hole in her neck last weekend that needed many stitches and made the vets a bit wobbly. We are cruelly ignoring her need for tennis ball. She's growled at for leaping in delight when we come home. The worst thing is that she had to sleep inside, away from the other dogs, all night and ALL DAY.

Jodie acquired a hole in her neck last weekend that needed many stitches and made the vets a bit wobbly. We are cruelly ignoring her need for tennis ball. She's growled at for leaping in delight when we come home. The worst thing is that she had to sleep inside, away from the other dogs, all night and ALL DAY.

OK... I'm calling... umm... who do I call for this sort of "cruelty"?

T.

I ran out of raw food yesterday and didn't realise. Baxter the Bullmastiff had to eat canned food from emergency stash. The look of sheer devastation on his face after he sniffed it was priceless and he sulked for the rest of the night lol.

evil hound...

has to wait for permission to eat dinner and it doesn't come until after I've put ointment on her leg wound... Oh the stress.

has to fetch rope toy before I will throw a ball. Sometimes has to jump something and run around the clothesline too.

not allowed to lick bits in the middle of the night. not when she's in my room.

staying on lead at the park when other dogs are off lead... so she can't abuse the poodle x over there or clean up the food in the playground.

losing her personal slave to the evil computer for hours on end. I think that's the worst one.

Nova also gets shushed for licking bits in the middle of the night, very upset about this.

Sometimes I try to be a nice owner and give him a pillow when he's laying on the couch, he will readily accept this offering for his head. Yet if it's not quite in the right position he will audibly groan his frustration, if it's really bad he'll get off the couch in a huff and go sulk on his lowly dog bed. Oh the humanity!!!

Edited by LisaCC