Some People ....

persephone

so -

a person ended up with a some oops teeny SWF babies ...mum got mastitis ..babies have been handreared .

the will be sold with all vet work done , incl desex - plus leashes, bed, food ...prospective buyers are being put thru the third degree ...

why on earth are some sad sacks wanting to get the welfare agencies involved????

*sigh*

so -

a person ended up with a some oops teeny SWF babies ...mum got mastitis ..babies have been handreared .

the will be sold with all vet work done , incl desex - plus leashes, bed, food ...prospective buyers are being put thru the third degree ...

why on earth are some sad sacks wanting to get the welfare agencies involved????

*sigh*

You mean to report the owners to RSPCA or rescues getting ants in their pants about getting themselves some white fluffy babies?

The main thing is that people get badgered about desexing etc so they just lie and say they will have it done. :( 'Rescues' do the same thing so it's not exclusive to oops and byb. It's pricey and getting a litter done adds up to a hefty bill. You never fully recoup the expenses especially when hand raising.

If they are serious I usually just say; OK, if you're genuine then feel free to copy&paste our adoption inquiry form questions, guarantee to take dogs back if it doesn't work out and don't use a desex cert with your full vetwork. Get it all done at 12 - 16 wks.... or later if the pups are older when leaving home. :) I'm sure you'll be able to offer some moral support Perse.

I think that sounds just fine. The owners is trying to find responsible families, and is providing the pups with the basics the families need to get started.

What really p's me off is people advertising free to good homes, or seeking free to good home puppies...can't help but put my social justice warrior hat on then....you just know the outcome might well be bad.

These things happen in the best regulated households - human as well as animal. Why are some people so self righteous?

"-- there, but for the grace of god, go I"

There is always some people that think they have the right to play the game of Dog Police. It seems by what you have said the breeders are doing the right thing by the puppies. Many things may go astray in the breeding world NO matter what steps you may take to prevent things like this happening. It appears as though there may always be a small white fluffy that is to sneaky for words and then puppies result. The only other thing the breeders could do, would be to see the pups were rendered useless for breeding purposes. Always remember this where many of the puppy farmers get their replacement stock from.

I think some SWF owners forget their dogs are dogs. Not saying this is the case with these guys, but we hear a lot of 'oh he's not desexed but he will be fine co-boarding with other dogs, he is not interested in anything like that!' through work.

Its the strangest phenomenon!