Elevated Bowls

Cat

We have a small, white, fold up plastic seat that I think was originally intended for elderly people to have something to sit on while they weed the garden. I make colour themed floor mats for all my dogs eating areas so the seat has a non slip cover on it. It is for our big girl and she likes to eat on a large flat plastic plate so the seat size suits (say that fast three times!).

Cat I bought the Hagen Dogit Elevated Dog bowls for Mac here - but I paid a lot more over 2 years ago at Pet Stock and they had to order them in. Looks like they are now stocked in Australia. Really good bowls, do the job very well and very good quality particularly at this price.

Edited by westiemum

I've seen pot plant holders used. Take your bowl with you to a gardening store. I just plonk mine on boxes, upturned buckets, chair seats, top step with dog standing below.

I just got a small cardboard box, taped it up securely and then cut a round hole in it to place the bowl in. Works a treat, doesn't look too flash but the dog doesn't care. :laugh:

1448088814[/url]' post='6765362']
1448080561[/url]' post='6765321']

I've seen pot plant holders used. Take your bowl with you to a gardening store. I just plonk mine on boxes, upturned buckets, chair seats, top step with dog standing below.

I just got a small cardboard box, taped it up securely and then cut a round hole in it to place the bowl in. Works a treat, doesn't look too flash but the dog doesn't care. :laugh:

Yeah. That's what I'm doing today but not sure how long they will last, particularly for water bowls outside.

Have seen these http://www.lyrebirdpetfurniture.net/diningstations.html they are well built and made in Victoria.

I saw them last year at the VicDogs Big Day Out For Dogs and while they are a bit expensive I was very tempted to get on for my old boy. Mind you I'm sure they are not Airedale proof and will end up with chewed edges.

I have one of these, had it for a number of years and is still going strong, very well made :)

Otherwise Kmart sell pot plant holders that would fit stainless steel bowls.

Yeah. That's what I'm doing today but not sure how long they will last, particularly for water bowls outside.

what about some bricks?

You can use wire pot plant holders, chairs, yellow pages etc. We've used children's plastic takes before and cut a hole in them - it's really just using your imagination. We also have one we brought from someone who makes them locally.

1448132509[/url]' post='6765526']
1448100337[/url]' post='6765442']

what about some bricks?

Yeah we have located some pavers and are going to try that for outside.

Good ideas everyone, thanks.

Cat I bought the Hagen Dogit Elevated Dog bowls for Mac here - but I paid a lot more over 2 years ago at Pet Stock and they had to order them in. Looks like they are now stocked in Australia. Really good bowls, do the job very well and very good quality particularly at this price.

Idiot Dog has one of the Dogit elevated bowls for his water and it's great. I actually ended up replaced all my dog bowls with Dogit ones, partly because they're very heavy so no scooting them around on the kitchen floor and partly because the quality is really good and they actually look nice. I got the elevated one from Pet Circle ages ago (looks like they're not restocking on the black large size though) and the regular ones from MyPetWarehouse.