Share Your Aaawwww Shucks Doggie Moments

karen15

I think my puppy working on his sleeping arrangements for winter, slowly getting me wrapped around his little paw..... Of a morning, an hour or so before get up time, he sneaks on the bed and tucks himself in next to me. This morning he was making good use of the pillow. I rolled over and he puts his head on my shoulder and goes to sleep. Aaawww shucks :)

Every single time dozer snuggles with me he won't settle unless he's under the blanket..

So I lift up the blanket and he'll settle himself down under the blanket like a total cutie.. If he's feeling mischievous he'll just walkb away with the blanket on him and horde it all at the end of the bed!

Lacey my Cav is weird.. It was 30 degrees and it's still 25 degrees atm and earlier when I was settling myself in bed she climbed under the blankets :confused: 10'seconds later she came out... Silly dog :laugh:

Sometimes when she is feeling a bit cuddly she will rest her chin on my shoulder awwwww.

Edited by ♦ Marg ♦

Every single time dozer snuggles with me he won't settle unless he's under the blanket..

So I lift up the blanket and he'll settle himself down under the blanket like a total cutie.. If he's feeling mischievous he'll just walkb away with the blanket on him and horde it all at the end of the bed!

hehehehehehe! all that is needed is one hint of a bully gene and you have a bed hog. My late Jake ( he who lived the first 6 years of his life chained to a rusty car wreck and fighting for his scumbag owner ) managed to slip into the role of bed hog as if from puppy hood. he too needed to be under the blankie. If i did not lift the doona cover for him h I would awake during the night and he would have wriggled into the bed and be curled up in the bend of my legs. If i moved he would give little snorts if irritation as he shot across to return to his preferred sleeping situation. This lasted until his final day with me. I still miss that lad...

H

I recline kind of sideways while I watch tv at night. I made the mistake when Stussy the SBT was still a puppy of letting her lie on my chest and sleep while I patted her. Now some 8 years later she still likes to lie on 'mummy'. Due to both our sizes these days she drapes across my right thigh most nights but she puts her head back to rest on my tummy so I can rub her ears and face while she sleeps. Not terribly comfortable for me (dead leg!) but she looks so cute I can't stop her. The worst is when I'm trying to knit or read (or play games on the tablet) and she makes it politely clear that it is very inconvenient.

She is also a fan of being under the covers. in summer I tend to just throw an empty doona case over myself rather than a top sheet. Since she has chewed off all the buttons and clips on all my doona covers (she has a doona eating issue) there have been times when she has crawled under and into the doona cover and gotten stuck there.

A month or so ago I was watching a video clip of a shar pei who taps her owner to make her wake up. Guess who must've been watching over my shoulder! Tempeh! She taps me with both paws and has recently added in dry licks for good measure. Tap. Tap, tap, lick. Repeat. I can't be mad at her for waking me when she is being so cute! She is such an odd dog though - even though she is almost 4 she is still coming up with strange new habits!

I have one who goes under, he will annoy me until I lift the doona for him, that's Gilly. Cedro sleeps on top of the doona. I used to have Anna on the left side of the bottom of my bed and Cedro on the other side. Now it doesn't feel right without Anna, it feels unbalanced.

I also know when summer is here because Gilly stays above the doona and when winter is coming, like now, he goes under.

Its funny when I go away for a holliday I sleep really well, I recon its because there arnt dogs arguing with me for space!

My old girl ( now gone) was not allowed on the beds. She would take up the whole thing! But had her own bed complete with blankets. If the kids lay on her bed, she would put her blankets on them.

If she wanted to play and we ignored her, she would hold her squeaky toy against your ear and squeak it :laugh:

Miss that girl.

Silly girl asked for tummy rubs so I went to give her them. Alas! My hands are cold! She rolled her tummy away from me and moved to the end of the couch. :laugh: She is sighing now.

Later she will sneak over and rest her head under my chin like a big grey slug.

Edited by Thistle the dog

Not a bed moment, but a 'big dog brother looking after his cats' moment. Bathed the Norwegians for a show, one at a time. Sitting in an armchair, cat wrapped in towel .. gently towel drying. BC Rory working hard on any exposed bits of cat, licking the fur dry, and looking accusingly at me ..."You made them wet!" . Cat just lying back accepting all the attention.

Second cat bathed .. Rory still working on first cat who is now wandering around doing the odd lick, and bumping his head against his dog slave. Then while I'm sitting drying the second cat, poor Rory had to divide his attentions between Clyde and Bonnie. He was so glad when they were pretty much dry.

Oh and 14 year old Miss Kirra the senior BC just slept through it all. :laugh:

Not a bed moment, but a 'big dog brother looking after his cats' moment. Bathed the Norwegians for a show, one at a time. Sitting in an armchair, cat wrapped in towel .. gently towel drying. BC Rory working hard on any exposed bits of cat, licking the fur dry, and looking accusingly at me ..."You made them wet!" . Cat just lying back accepting all the attention.

Second cat bathed .. Rory still working on first cat who is now wandering around doing the odd lick, and bumping his head against his dog slave. Then while I'm sitting drying the second cat, poor Rory had to divide his attentions between Clyde and Bonnie. He was so glad when they were pretty much dry.

Oh and 14 year old Miss Kirra the senior BC just slept through it all. :laugh:

Too cute.

Mum (was telling me) she washed and blow dried her chickens for a show today (I cant even begin to cover that...) but her naughty Dachshund Ruby would have loved to have "helped" in the drying department.

Very biased, but I love watching these 2 together. We worked at this relationship. It is lovely to watch Bub feeding 'her' dog and calling her 1st thing when she arrives, playing catch me and kiss me in the hall, throwing toys for each other, and even watching doig place herself between Bub and any visitors she thinks might be getting rough with 'her' baby.

Bubs whole limbs go into dogs mouth at times, but she is always incredibly gentle.( and yes, supervised at all times)

post-32332-0-64302100-1458600168_thumb.jpg