Opal

Rebanne

Well I don't really know how to say this but Opal died this morning. It was instant. I did CRP for around 20/30 minutes while trying to get a vet. Had to ring a friend to ring one for me. Couldn't take the time to find a pen to write down a number. I've never had a dog die like this. I've always been able to help them. I'm in shock, I can't believe she was fine one minute and dead the next. Vet has done an autopsy, will get the report tomorrow. Main possibility is some bleeding thing, her lungs were full of blood. Photos were taken of Opals heart and the vet's colleagues will discuss tomorrow, but Amy thinks more the bleeding thing. I'll post the correct name when I get the report.

Opal was 5 3/4 years young. My only consulation is she had no idea what happened.

Opal.thumb.jpg.33b47272c6446dfc38951a1ca346a420.jpg
Edited by Rebanne
  • Sad 11

Oh jeebus @Rebanne... my heart breaks with you and for you.

I'm sure Opal knew in some way how hard you tried to bring her back, but it was her time... however hard that is for us who are left behind. Please remember her with lots of smiles and a heart full of love for all the amazing memories you made together over the years. She will always be with you in your heart.

Fly free with the angels goodest girl Opal...

Much love and virtual hugs to you Rebanne...

T.

• Like 1

No wonder you are traumatised Rebanne. This was a very traumatic experience and you are no doubt just replaying it over and over trying to come up with a new outcome. I'm very sorry you had to go through this. Little consolation but it sounds like it was a quick passing for Opal. She's safe over the bridge. X

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sending lots of love and light to you on the tragic passing of Opal. I totally understand the devastating loss that you are feeling. May your love for Opal and the memories of your time together help to fill the void that you now feel.

RIP beautiful Opal. Watch over your Mum.

• Like 1