My Big Boys Gone..................

pesh

Hi All

My best pet friend, Sir Bastion my beautiful blue Himalayan had to be PTS yesterday. There was no other cat in the world like him, and never will be again. I love him so much, and I don't know how to handle this. This cat would know when I was sick, and would lay on my bed day after day with me, even if my OH would move him, he'd be straight back to me. He still would stick close, just to make sure Mum was OK, when I'd finally make it out of bed. This wonderful cat did this everytime.

He was almost 16yrs, and we were very lucky to have him that long, as we've battled uterin problems with him since he was a kitten, in the end we even had to make the decission whether to make him go through major surgery to change his penis, so stones could pass much easier. He was fit and healthy so he managed the surgery fine. After this he seemed to pick up so well, and I thought I'd have him for many more years. Unfortunately this was not the case, he's kidneys still packed it in 2 1/2 yrs after the surgery, and it just wasn't fair for him, so yesterday he was sent to be with Lucy (his first playmate) and my Dad. Dad would be sitting there patting him right now, and Lucy would be sticking her nose in, saying me too, me too.

I love, loved, and will always love him, and at present am so lost.

God bless you Sir Bastion, Mummy will always love you.

I lost a cat through tragic circumstances last year, and it has taken me over a year to be able to think about him without crying. :D

Take care of yourself and remember that you gave that cat the best possible life, and that he wouldn't want you to feel sad. :rofl:

:D

:D So sorry to hear of your loss, it is hard to imagine life without a beloved faithful furry friend after having them around for so long.

I am sure that he is watching over you and he will be there waiting for you at the Rainbow bridge with all of those wonderful faithful friends we have up there :D

Big hugs your way. Cats are wonderful. Rest well old boy

and still expect that soft furry bundle jumping on you bed when you aren't well. They seem to know when we need them even if they have passed over.

I am sorry Pesh and will send a prayer for the dear man.

Oh that's just so sad, such a big part of your life for all those years. My old tortie girl is not far off 16. Pesh, have you got a photo that you can have enlarged and framed? Then he can be with you all the time. Thoughts go out to you and the family.

Edited by JayGee

I know how you feel my first Burmese had this but i losted him at 5 years old after someone came into our drive way and ran him over my parents paid 1000s of $$$$ to save him but in the end he had to be pts i was 16 and i felt like my world was over and i remember the day like it was yesterday the vet letting me say good bye and then taking him away :thumbsup: oh it was so hard and the people here on DOL are the only people who understand how mush our animals mean to us.

It took me 6 years before i would get another burmese so it will take time your heart will mend but it will alway hold a special place for him.

hugs to you and your family

nichola

Once again, what lovely people you are and thank you so so much.

Yes Nichola, I agree only animal people can fully understand the pain we all go through each time we loose a pet. Strange you should have mentioned your Burmese, Lucy - Sir Bastions first friend was a Burmese (Blue), she also had to be put down as she broke her back, it also took me many years before we had another Burmese, Chyanne (Red), she'll now be hitting 7years next month.

Greatdanegirl, thanks for your offer. You know what I'm like, have to be the Mother and stand strong. In here it's a little different, not many know me so I can let it all out and most of the show people wouldn't be any wiser of all the blubbering I've been doing. But, thank you - your a good friend.

Piebe, yes he's been in the corner of my eye several times already. Whether it be a want to see him or it is actually him, it's just comforting.

So thank you everyone, really great to know other's understand.

Edited by pesh

i had a Blue (named blue hehe)

have you ever had problems keeping them indoors as i have my last two died by getting hit by a car, but simba and milo have never been outside and don't seen interested in going out they sit on the window in the sun watching the birds and they seem to like this.

:rofl: Pesh, sorry I had no idea till now. i don't often come in here, as it just breaks me up too much.

Love and hugs from us all.

Di and Tony and the sheppies

May he rest with the doggies at the gate.