Our Shelby Got Her Wings.......

Cordelia

Our old Shelby girl went down hill very quickly.

She got her wings on the 1st of April. She died in my arms.

Shelbs was a special girl who shouldn't have even survived her stay in the pound almost 3yrs ago.

She was due for euthanasia at lunch time that day.... as I was leaving the pound, she hobbled over, sat down and her eyes shot straight through to my heart. She very quickly decided that she belonged to Sean though.

The day she came home:

ShelbyprofileDay1.jpg

Shelbs in January.

ShelbsrunningJan06.jpg

She had been gradually going blind but in the week before she died, she was almost completely blind... not that it stopped her trying to chase anything. :rofl: She slowed up dramatically and I knew she wouldn't be with us much longer. Sean and I discussed when we would need to take her to the vet one last time.... she took the choice out of our hands. I had been out that morning and she held on until I got home.

It was very quick... too quick. I was cuddling her, told her she could go get her wings and drive God nuts, barking at the blank walls in Heaven.... and she did! (now she suddenly decides to be obedient!)

She had congestive heart failure and bowel cancer. :rofl:

One was born and one dies. Before she died I was at the birth of Joshua, Rachaels bub... I came home and she died. I'm sure she is a Guardian Angel now.

This was the last photo I took of her, just 2 weeks before she got her wings.

CopyofFrame_ShelbsJan06happyface.jpg

Oh Cordy bless her heart, it made me :rofl: to look at her before pic (how could anyone treat a beautiful baby like that) and to see the transformation, what an absolute darling.

Fly on your angel wings Shelby, and keep a close watch over your human family, while your run free at the :rofl:

Cordelia, welcome back, what a beautiful story, thanks for giving Shelby her life and her angel wings, she left this world knowing good and kindness something that Shelby I think may never had known without your care and love.

There will be an almighty rush one day when all the fans know you are coming to play!!

One was born and one dies. Before she died I was at the birth of Joshua, Rachaels bub... I came home and she died. I'm sure she is a Guardian Angel now.

This was the last photo I took of her, just 2 weeks before she got her wings.

CopyofFrame_ShelbsJan06happyface.jpg

I'm sure she is too - she just had to make sure she said goodbye to you first, and thank you I'm sure. Joshua & Rachaels bub will be blessed to have such a special guardian angel I'm sure.

I am very sorry to hear the news, I have always liked Shelby.

At least she had a wonderful last couple of years and what a way to go, in the arms of someone who loved her

Edited by cowanbree

We thought we were the only folk with a red-haired Sheltie that was, to put it charitably, over the top. Who went thro' life causing mayhem, always with a big grin on her face. THEN Cordy got Shelby...who turned into our Shelley's twin.

Poor God...both Shelby & Shelley are in Doggie Heaven together. When God says, 'Come!', Shelley will turn to Shelby & say, 'Never mind him, it's just a suggestion.' Then they'll go find some shadows...or anything really...to chase happily for all eternity.