Riegalblitz Lady Jewel "abby"

wednesday

On Saturday, we lost our beloved Rottweiler girl Abby. ;)

Abby was the personality of the litter - and boy did she have it in spades! She was jumping over her sister, cheekily biting her on the butt then running off. She kept those cheeky 'crazy' eyes whenever she decided to push her luck. As soon as we brought her home - she pranced around like she owned the place. Not a shy or timid bone in her body - she loved her new home, her new surroundings, and her new friend "Spike" (my beloved heart dog).

When Spike passed away, we were determined to find her a new playmate, and fate brought us to Tigger. They were inseperable from day one - and on the first night, they played until well after 2 in the morning!

Abby was my 'introduction to showing' dog. She was never bought as a show dog, but being on main register, we decided to give it a go.

Abby and I were complete novices and didn't get into the ring until she was nearly 3 yrs old - and we dived in the deep end, at a Rotti Club pointscore. We came last in our class - but we had fun - and we were bitten by the show bug.

Over the next year, we did better, Abby won her class on several occassions, got 4 Res. Challenges and even a Runner up Best of Breed. She was also twice rated SG at the two Rottweiler specialty shows we entered. Abby also came 7th in last years Rottweiler Club of NSW pointscore competition - not too bad for our first year in the ring...

Abby loved to please us, and whatever was asked of her, she was happy to do it. Abby learned how to do flyball over a Christmas break - the trainers were amazed!

Abby often came along with us to Pet Expos, either as part of the Rottweiler Club of NSW stand, or at the EDBA stand - always educating people on how wonderful the Rottweiler breed is - and that they are not all snarling monsters. One of my fondest memories of Abby is her lying in the middle of the aisle at a Rosehill pet expo, on her back, with a crowd of kids rubbing her belly.

Abby was diagnosed with Lymphoma at the beginning of this year, and we knew that we would lose her soon, but it still doesn't prepare you.

The thing I miss the most at the moment, is that wiggly bum when walking outside.

You were a great dog, a great friend, and I was so very proud to be chosen as your guardian - you fought a good battle.

Rest well dear Abby, until we meet again.

;) :)

post-1350-1173087626_thumb.jpgpost-1350-1173087678_thumb.jpg

Edited by wednesday

Oh Jo I am so sorry ;) ;)

You know Abby Is sitting up there watching over you,

thankful that you choose her ,that you gave

the best of homes ,your heart, your love.

R.I.P. pain free Abby

post-2136-1173094753.gif

Sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved girl, we have to remember all the joy that our furkids bring us.

The total hurt when we lose one of our mates is so intense, we just have to be greatful that we can do the right thing by them when the time comes and let them go to sleep with there human family around them and the sound of your voice as they peacfully go to sleep. Free from pain forever. ;)

I just wanted to say a heart felt 'thank you' to everyone who has replied here, emailed and PM'd me during this difficult time. I have been overwhelmed by your friendship and thoughts. It is truely appreciated and does make the pain a little easier to deal with, knowing there are so many of you that know what we're going through.

Tigger is a little lost without her best friend. She is being quite clingy, and we are spoiling her as an only child now. It's difficult to watch her look for her friend in situations where they used to do things together.

Thanks again, and hugs to your fur-kids.

Wednesday, I am so sorry for your loss.

Watching your other baby looking for their mate is almost as heartbreaking :rofl:

Abby is now free from pain, running in the fields at the bridge

Rest easy Abby, and hugs to you and your family Wednesday :confused:

Em and Bosco xx