Girl Dog

juice

it is with a very sad heart, that i had to let girl dog go to the bridge today :laugh:

6 months ago she came from hp, on her way to rescue, but after we found she had 2 tumours (inoperable), she stayed with me, and became an instant part of the gang.

i thought girl would last forever, she would bark at me every morning when she heard me lift the kettle, she knew i was up, and wanted her breakfast :D she wagged her whole bum ,and barked till i gave in.

she sat on our front lawn watching me garden, trudged down the road for our morning walk, and chased away any young pup who didn't know its place :D

but just when i thought nothing would ever faze her, she went downhill, i lost that face at the window everyday, that wish to go for a walk. she collapsed this morning, bleeding heavily, exausted and beaten. :rofl:

i feel honoured to have known her, i loved her dearly, and just wanted her to go on forever. :o

may she run free, and we meet again one day. love you girl : :laugh:

( thankyou to my good friend stormy ,who came straight over today when she heard :) )

post-3531-1186047761_thumb.jpg

RIP Girl Dog :o , I know you are running free :laugh:

juice I'm sure that Girl Dog kept going for as long as she could just for you. She loved you dearly and I know that no dog could have been happier with the love and attention you gave her in the time she spent with you. Those were probably the best six months of her life before she went to the bridge. I bet when she hears you at the gate (pearly ones that is), it'll be her bark you hear first!!

:D :laugh::rofl:

Juice I'm so sorry to hear GDs time has come. She can now keep all the little ones who will also cross in line and welcome those who need it. ((Hugs)) to you

Play freely GD look after those who need some extra help up there :laugh:

Oh no!!! I was thinking yesterday that I didn't pay her the attention that I did to the pup, Apollo and Jed when I was at your place the other day and I felt bad. :laugh:

You gave her a loving home for the last months of her life when no one else could. She could ask for no more than that.

I'm so sorry, Juice.

Ohhhh Juice - I'm so sorry to hear that Girl dog has gone to the bridge. :D She was a beautiful old chook. I am sure she knew she was loved during the past 6 months and no doubt enjoyed her daily romps and hanging out with her fur brothers as well as you and your family. You have a heart of gold Juice. :laugh:

Rest in peace Girl Dog :laugh:

edited to add a word I left out!

Edited by westielover

Yes it was strange today to see Mr Juice out walking the other three, without Girl Dog bringing up the rear at her own pace. Even though she wasn't feeling well towards the end she would still wag her tail to say hello when we met her on walks. I'm sure Oz Dog will miss her the most.

RIP Girl Dog, with no more aches and pains.