Dolce

Choppa Chop

Thankyou so much everyone for your kind thoughts and words .

I have put a post in the BSL forum to her .

I promise to get round to answering all the very kind Pm's soon .

And as for the others ? They are not worth our time nor our effort. They hurt at first , but after some help from some friends ,all of you here , I now know who is the better and stronger person . Does not ease the sadness or the guilt . But makes me feel a hell of alot better knowing I am not as low as them.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! Now i feel so awful. :rofl: I couldn't believe it when i saw your post.

So sorry CC :rofl:

No! No no no ! Perrin , dont you feel bad !! You did good , you did real good . If you hadn't brought her to our attention things could've been so very much worse....:rofl:

Choppa Chop - I'm sorry you had to face this, it is a terrible decision and one I had to make myself not so long ago. It is the most awful thing to do, no matter what the circumstances. I just wish the people who send nasty pms had any idea of the mental anguish this causes someone.

You tried, just as I and others have, which is more than most people would do.

Sending you best wishes, be kind to yourself.

Ignore the ones who know nothing Choppa Chop

Sometimes carer is a heavy burden, and to do the right thing

you must do what is the hardest and most painful for you, but best for the dog :rofl:

God bless, and trust that you did the right thing.

post-11891-1187251125.gif

A sensible decision was made in consultation with those who helped rescue Dolce to give this girl her wings. Dolce had a very strong guarding instinct and coupled with the acute stress of displacement and fitting into a new family, was having a hard time finding her place in the world. In rescue sometimes they are just so mentally broken that they cannot be mercifully repaired.

Thankyou for your thoughts guys . And to all the kind PM's as well - and to the few others ? well it wasn't a choice you would of wanted . It's all still a bit of a daze....

I haven't yet read through all the replies or the other thread, but I wanted to say thank you for trying to help her and offer my condolences that she couldn't be helped. She would have known you were trying but sometimes there is just nothing you can do. Ignore what the few others say and take some measure of peace from the fact that you tried, and that when it was her time, she was with people that cared about her, instead of cold and lonely.

The trauma of whatever happened to her before was obviously just too much for her and she didn't know how to hadle her new life.

When push comes to shove you did the very best you could, you rescued her from a place that was obvioulsy very bad for her and although it wasn't a long time she found a place where she was loved and respected enough for someone to make the hard descision to do what was best for her!

You have nothing to feel guilty about, but the fact that you do shows how much you cared for her in such a short period of time. Dolce was lucky to have found you.

It takes a special person to rescue any dog,but to rescue a broken Apbt and try to show her that we are not all bad takes true heart!

So sorry that this girl couldnt recover from the circumstances from which she came Choppa Chop!

Take heart in knowing that someone who truly loves the breed made the decision to set her free.

Im sure she found more happiness in her short time with you than she had ever known

Run free Dolce

Scott

Could someone who knows what happened also PM kel, the one who took her originally from her old owners to try to find her a home. She does not know what happened as of yet, knows she had to be put down, but not why….and I think that she would like to know as well as deserving to know.

Thanks.