Dolce

Choppa Chop

Enjoy Your Wings Sweet One.

There is no longer need to fear nor protect .

Just run free and happy knowing you will forever

have a place in many hearts.

I am so sorry for the way your life

played out .

Sorry for any hurt you endured .

But I am most sorry that I failed you .

You will forever have a special place

here amongst my memories.....

Forgive me....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sensible decision was made in consultation with those who helped rescue Dolce to give this girl her wings. Dolce had a very strong guarding instinct and coupled with the acute stress of displacement and fitting into a new family, was having a hard time finding her place in the world. In rescue sometimes they are just so mentally broken that they cannot be mercifully repaired.

Thankyou for your thoughts guys . And to all the kind PM's as well - and to the few others ? well it wasn't a choice you would of wanted . It's all still a bit of a daze....

:rolleyes: I don't know what happened Choppa, but hugs to you for the difficult decision you had to make.

Rescue isn't just about revolving doors for dogs from pounds into any home, it's taking responsibility for the dog & its future family, and ensuring everyone is safe.

And good rescuers have to make some awful choices and take the burden of the sad decisions. Some dogs are simply to dangerous or damaged - we have had them here too. ;)

So run free at the bridge Dolce, and be happy.

fifi

A sensible decision was made in consultation with those who helped rescue Dolce to give this girl her wings. Dolce had a very strong guarding instinct and coupled with the acute stress of displacement and fitting into a new family, was having a hard time finding her place in the world. In rescue sometimes they are just so mentally broken that they cannot be mercifully repaired.

If only there were more like you, who understands what a dog really needs.

Run free sweet girl :rolleyes:

You didnt fail her at all. You loved her and she loved you.

You did do the right thing.

;)

:rolleyes: RIP little girl

ETA: If people are saying nasty things I would out them. Name and shame ;)

Edited by Terrorbull

Thankyou for your thoughts guys . And to all the kind PM's as well - and to the few others ? well it wasn't a choice you would of wanted . It's all still a bit of a daze....

So sorry for your loss but you have done the right thing, dont feel bad because of the right desicion made.

hugs for you

I have been in a similar situation with a rescue

These decisons are hard, but we have to do what is right for the dog and society

Run fee Dolci, may you find the peace at Rainbow Bridge that you could not find here

and for the nasty PM'ers, try me, you might just bite off more than you can chew

Guest Amy Rose

I am so sorry to read this ChoppaChop. :offtopic: I was keeping an eye on the Dolce thread and know how much you had to go through to get her. Good on you for caring so much about a dog that so many people wouldn't have given a second glance. RIP beautiful girl.