Goodbye Miss Mollie

~Anne~

My gorgeous Miss Mollie, the sweetest little Pug and the only rescue who truly stole my heart passed away this morning of suspected pancreatic cancer. I am shattered.

RIP Tysambee Millicent 08/09/2000 - 03/032008

post-3413-1204493682_thumb.jpg

Edited by Puggles

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am absolutely gutted. I can't believe she is gone. If I had know she only had such a short time left on this earth I would not have put her through all that brachy surgery only a few months ago. I would have left her be and just loved her. SHe hated veterinary clinics and the surgery was tough on her.

Edited by Puggles

I am absolutely gutted. I can't believe she is gone. If I had know she only had such a short time left on this earth I would not have put her through all that brachy surgery only a few months ago. I would have left her be and just loved her. SHe hated veterinary clinics and the surgery was tough on her.

Puggles you weren't to know how long she had - you did it because you loved her.

RIP Miss Mollie :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: so sad for you Puggles.

You gave Mollie the surgery because you gave her the best of care and love.

You wouldn't have forgiven yourself if you'd denied her the best chance at life.

hugs & wolfie kisses from our clan.

fifi

Thank you all for your thoughts. I still can't say her name or think about her without crying and, for those who know me, this is a little out of character for me.

She was the loveliest little Pug and I have spent the better part of 8 months getting her well so that she could be re-homed. She faced so many battles and came through each one time after time, to now, only 4 weeks after finding her forever home being knocked down by cancer.

Only 3 weeks ago she was bouncing around and getting to know her new family. It happened so quickly.

Im so sorry to hear this Puggles. Really sad.

Could you share any of the symtoms or were there none at all?

I didn't see any of them. She was with me until 4 weeks ago.

Her new owners spoke with me very regularly and by the second week she was really settling in with them and her funny little ways were beginning to shine through. Then she stopped eating and her tail dropped. They phoned me and we discussed different possibilities. She ate here and there but it was obvious there was an issue and they took her straight to the Vet.

The Vet reported that she was slightly jaundiced and dehyrdrated so they put her on fluid and took. some blood for testing. A physical exam showed no hardness or swelling of her liver or abdomen. The Vet, after receiving her results, said that it appeared to have been a pancreatitis episode. She had been on fluids, had picked up in the 4 days she was hospitalised, was eating and drinking and so she was sent home on medication and a diet of no fat.

She was fine for 5 days and on Friday last week she again refused food. Her wieght literally dropped off her again. I saw her Saturday morning. She looked very sick, weak and appeared to be in pain. She was hospitalised again Saturday after I left and passed away this morning.

It all happened so quick. 6 weeks ago she was jumping up and down in my kitched and barking at me for her dinner. 4 weeks ago she was barking at her new owners for her dinner.

I think this is one reason why it has affected me so much... that and the fact she was such a gorgeous little girl and stole my heart. It was so quick. There was no chance to think.