Harvey

Paula-

Last night Harvey went for a walk with his carer.

With all the media beat up about the torch relay coming to Canberra, I'd seen nothing about the plan for a fireworks display last night. Neither had his carer, if she had, she wouldn't have gone out.

Harvey has never been bothered by fireworks before, or anything else for that matter. But I guess that being out on the street when it all starts up is a different matter. His carer tried so hard to hold onto him, but Harvey got loose, ran three blocks in a panic and straight in front of a car. Dead instantly.

He was an absolutely gorgeous dog, the biggest smooch, he loved everyone and always had a lazy grin on his face. He was a brilliant ambassador for greyhounds, and many people fell in love with him.

I'm so sorry, fella.

Run free at the bridge :confused:

post-1135-1208995359_thumb.jpg

Oh no paula, what a horrible thing to happen..... :)

Poor Harvey :rofl: obviously wish he wasn't hit at all, but glad death was instant and he didn't suffer. The poor carer - I can only imagine that it would have been very traumatic and unexpected.

RIP Harvey :rofl:

Paula, I'm so, so sorry. Sitting here in tears :) I can't believe this has happened to him.

Harvey, you were such a gorgeous boy. You were a wonderful ambassador for your breed and were always a big hit with your 'fans' at CGAS events. Tommy LOVED you, you were one of his favourite 'cousins'. I'll never understand why such a handsome fella as yourself didn't find your forever home, although I suspect it was because you thought you already had the best home a grey could ever hope for :) I'm glad you didn't suffer, and that you spent the last... what was it, 18 months? knowing what it was like to live as a pet, be allowed inside on the furniture, to be fed good food and be loved to pieces.

Paula and Liz - big, big hugs :rofl:

RIP Harvey :rofl:

Edited by Longclaw

It's just not fair. He was waiting so patiently for his forever home.

I never got to meet Harvey but he had a special place in my heart and every time I spoke to Paula I asked had he found his family yet.

Sweet dreams forever Harvey. :)

Run fast and run free with Houndee