V.i.p. Petfoods Roll For Dogs

Hello All,

Is any of you feeding V.I.P. Petfoods Rolls to your dogs? What do you think of them?

I don't usually like petfood rolls from supermarket. But I saw their TV advertisement yesterday and it says that V.I.P. Petfoods Rolls are all natural and there are no preservatives. I bought a roll yesterday to try out.

I fed my dog some yesterday with her usual Eagle Pack Dry kibbles and she loves it. I just want to make sure that it is as good as it seems.

I don't feed it personally as I feed raw but I do feed my dogs VIP chunkers as training treats. Perhaps I am just cynical but I would still be wary of them, food doesn't naturally form rolls and stick together nicely without human intervention. From memory pedigree say their kibble is all natural as well but I wouldn't feed that. It may be all natural but what are the acual ingredients? It could be full of natural ingredients that dogs do not need. Like I said, I am a little critical of most processed food but I would still take a closer look at the actual ingredients.

i don't feed the VIP rol;ls myself(am considering it)

I have housesitted for a lady who breeds Italian Greyhounds and she feeds them cooked mince/chicken necks and VIP roll(warmed up before given to dogs).This lady has been showing her igs for a long time and has done extremely well.

I saw the ad on TV last night and I have to say, it looked far from "natural". Whatever way you look at it, it's still processed food. Then again, I have never and probably will never consider feeding meat rolls so I am probably biased.

I'm completely biased - but having said that I wouldn't touch the stuff - VIP are notorious for not disclosing the ingredients in their products - and I'm completely against diets comprised of mainly processed food for dogs or humans. As someone said to me recently, feeding (mainly) processed food to your dogs is like feeding your kids McDonalds everyday - nutritionally bankrupt.

But as I said - I'm a biased and a raw/prey feeder and I understand others see it differently.

Cheers,

Westiemum :confused:

Hello All,

Is any of you feeding V.I.P. Petfoods Rolls to your dogs? What do you think of them?

I don't usually like petfood rolls from supermarket. But I saw their TV advertisement yesterday and it says that V.I.P. Petfoods Rolls are all natural and there are no preservatives. I bought a roll yesterday to try out.

I fed my dog some yesterday with her usual Eagle Pack Dry kibbles and she loves it. I just want to make sure that it is as good as it seems.

I only ever use the VIP rolls when we are travelling, they are handy for that. I wouldn't contemplate it as a full time diet, I feed raw at home.

Its probably crap but many dogs do ok on it,my friends do.

I dont use it but I tried a borrowed bit on my pregnant girl who was turning her nose up at everything offered,even my fillet steak. She loved it. So if you have a dog that wont eat it sure works whatever they put in it.

This was a brand that was exposed on TV for containing 220 preservative (suphur dioxide) many years ago.....has anything changed I wonder???

My friends were feeding this a few years ago, and couldnt keep any of their dogs in coat,incessant scratching & hot skin........stopped using it & they were all miraculously cured!

I don't normally feed this kind of thing

BUT with my old biddy being crook and going off so many other foods including her BARF :laugh:

she has taken a liken to the VIP Rolls :confused:

so I would rather she eat this than nothing at all .

my motto ... a fed dog is better than a dog not fed at all :laugh:

I use the vip rolls. With 4 dogs and 5 kids the shopping bill just gets ridiculous. I probably give them it 2-3 times per week. A small slice with their kibble. On other days they get chicken neck, fresh meat and veggies. No problems with it but wouldn`t want to give it every single day.

I've used it on fussy pregnant bitches, but at the end of the day, how does it keep so long if it doesn't have preservatives of some description?? I know my raw meat lasts a few days in the fridge undefrosted, but that stuff lasts a good week or two before it starts to go off sooooooo.....

Personally, if need be but not a permanent diet..

I was given a VIP roll and our GSD (who normally eats anything) wouldn't touch it.

We used to feed Scott's rolls (at least twice a week) but they seem to have gone off as far as the quality goes. They used to be really firm but they seem a lot softer now. Also the colour and smell doesn't seem the same.

He still occassionally gets a Scott's roll but really only if we run out other stuff for him or we forget to defrost something.

Boo started off with a premium dry food, some VIP puppy roll, uncooked chicken breast or steak (organic and free range of course ;) )and a little bit of scrambled egg - this was what his breeder was feeding in different rotations and he did fine on it although transitioned to primarily Barf patties and bones easily.

I do tend to feed a big variety and like to have a scotty's or VIP puppy roll in the fridge as it's like junkfood night for Boo and with fosters sometimes being picky but needing to put the weight on it's good to have lots of options.

I feed a combination of barf patty, royan canin, raw/half cooked meats and organs, egg and veggies, VIP or scotty's roll and whatever else Boo is having chicken necks, wings or other meaty bones make up a third to half his daily food intake.

I wouldn't feed it to Boo all the time but I have reccomended it for foster pups going to their new homes in combination with raw bones and/or royan canin because either they still needed a bit of weight on or it was the better alternative out of the things they were willing to eat ;)

I've used it on fussy pregnant bitches, but at the end of the day, how does it keep so long if it doesn't have preservatives of some description?? I know my raw meat lasts a few days in the fridge undefrosted, but that stuff lasts a good week or two before it starts to go off sooooooo.....

Personally, if need be but not a permanent diet..

I think it lasts a fair while because it's cooked and because rolls are cooked in the casing (I used to work at a pork factory) there is no post-cook handling so the shelf life is longer. Once the package is opened it will go off pretty quick.

There may be a natural preservative in it but I'm not sure, there are probably some binding products in it as well. When my boy was sick the only thing he would eat was the VIP puppy rolls, now sometimes they will get the Scotty's if I can't get hold of fresh meat they seem to like it.

I was given a VIP roll and our GSD (who normally eats anything) wouldn't touch it.

We used to feed Scott's rolls (at least twice a week) but they seem to have gone off as far as the quality goes. They used to be really firm but they seem a lot softer now. Also the colour and smell doesn't seem the same.

He still occassionally gets a Scott's roll but really only if we run out other stuff for him or we forget to defrost something.

I noticed the same thing with the Scott's dog rolls. They seem to have changed and don't smell very nice. I have stopped feeding it since the change.