50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

Iltby all those photos are beautiful. The colours in the background of the johnnies remind me of a watercolour. I love all the PP you've done on them. Funny, I saw Chester and Lotus and recognised them immediately and though huh? They're not yours, then I remembered they had a holiday didn't they.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks a lot Linda :laugh: I love that one of the jonquils, with the touch of purple in the background.

Yes, Sam and her gorgeous doggies came up to see her parents and we met up for a doggy play date :thanks: I'll add all my photos to the other thread, never got around to doing it. I think Sam's were better :rofl:

Hey guys!

SO I'm new to DOL and I own an Nikon D70, And yes, I know this question has been asked and answered before, however 46 pages is A LOT to go through! So I spologise, But I am looking to buy myself either a 1.4 or a 1.8. From what I've seen, the 1.4 is dominating this thread, however... As a starter should I go for the better or the lesser lens? Money doesn't worry me, I've got savings!!

I take okay images, I'm harder on myself then what others are on my photos... I wish to better my images, and try new things, hence why I'm looking at getting this lens.

As an example, this is my girl Willow at just 10 months ... Very rough and no editing, be critical if you'd like!!

If anything I wish she had opened her mouth in two of these photos, it puts her in a more serious light, and Will's anything but serious!!

post-36102-1283513247_thumb.jpg

post-36102-1283513258_thumb.jpg

post-36102-1283513276_thumb.jpg

Hey guys!

SO I'm new to DOL and I own an Nikon D70, And yes, I know this question has been asked and answered before, however 46 pages is A LOT to go through! So I spologise, But I am looking to buy myself either a 1.4 or a 1.8. From what I've seen, the 1.4 is dominating this thread, however... As a starter should I go for the better or the lesser lens? Money doesn't worry me, I've got savings!!

I take okay images, I'm harder on myself then what others are on my photos... I wish to better my images, and try new things, hence why I'm looking at getting this lens.

As an example, this is my girl Willow at just 10 months ... Very rough and no editing, be critical if you'd like!!

If anything I wish she had opened her mouth in two of these photos, it puts her in a more serious light, and Will's anything but serious!!

post-36102-1283513247_thumb.jpg

post-36102-1283513258_thumb.jpg

post-36102-1283513276_thumb.jpg

I like your photos. I am new to all this as well and have decided to go with the 1.4. I have read a lot about them here I love the photos taken with it and from other things I have read its sturdier (?) as well.