Teething (ear)

ridgiemum

My ridgeback puppy is 6 mths old & one ear is sticking out funny, I saw the breeder about 2 mths ago & she said it happens sometimes when teething. Has anyone else had this with their puppy & did it resolve itself. Not that I am worried, she looks cute as she is. I have emailed the breeder too, just awaiting a reply, thought I would check with DOL's too.

post-25649-1230064102_thumb.jpg

Guest belgian.blue

Looks like one of Ivys ears when she's been sleeping on it. She'll get up and it will be crimped in the wrong direction for a short while. Very cute.

Tape it or glue it into the correct place. Sometimes they don;t resolve themselves and that's where they stay.
Yeh, I learnt that the hard way :thumbsup:

Was too lazy to do it and now have crazy ears.

Yep tape em up. At 6mo they should nearly be stopping movement so i would be either taping and or glueing.

Good luck

Some ears do funny things for longer then that. My girl had nice BC ears at 6 months and it wasn't until 7 months that one started to fly so its had glue on it and I will continue to glue it until she hits 12 months as that is what I have had recommended. Not sure if its true with RR but I have been told some ears won't settle until they are 2 years.

Our dog is a crossbreed but he has wonky ears and he's about 4 years old (you can see in my signature pic). I guess it depends on whether you will be showing her as to whether you try to fix it or not.

Edited by wuffles

yep taping is the best option because the muscle can strengthen in that position resulting in permanent flying ears.

providing that sat correctly from day 1.

If it has always been a flying ear it may bea case of the ear fold not being correct but teething does horrid things

rommy's ears have always been a pain - worse during teething so i glued them for a month or more. She is in the middle of her first season and her ears are bad again - have glued them again.

If you are worried about your dog's ears - tape or glue them like others have said. Important during teething - much more work if you dont work on them now.