June Photography Challenge

Ashanali

i tried long exposure shots at night for the first time. I had a tripod - a very old one. I still am not good with my shutter skills - i still manage some camera shake even with the tripod. Guess that is what practise is for...

here are the best two from last night's attempts.

oncominglightssmall.jpg

excuse the billboard in the background. didnt think that would show up - forgot that it would in a long exposure shot.

turninglightssmall.jpg

Friend and I took our girls down to the beach tonight. I am cranky that i didnt take my camera - apart from not having tried any paning shots yet or frozen motion of my girl, the lighting down there at sunset tonight was absolutely amazing!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the photos everyone! The tennis ball is great Nik!

I haven't had time to take any photos for the last couple of days because I've been too busy editing a lot of the photos I took while I was in Perth:

3640292529_8352fa1d62.jpg?v=0

3641102102_19cb1aee5b.jpg?v=0

3640288079_4d60bd09dd.jpg?v=0

3640284281_2268eeaf07.jpg?v=0

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Thanks Nik - I took two shots and liked the other one better on the camera, but when it came to editing, I just didn't like it as much!

Btw jr_inoz - did you have the camera on a timer? If you're doing long exposure and you press the button to take the photo, even just the vibration from you pressing it can blur the photo. I use a remote trigger for my camera, but if i forget it, i just use the timer on my camera to take the photo 2 seconds after i press the release.

Just a quick one for today - I had to suffer for my art by standing out in the rain to get it (there are more but with stupid dial-up speed internet, I can't get back onto my flickr account to get the link). The water was running off them so quickly it was hard to capture, then when it stopped raining, i realised the leaves still looked the same as when it was raining, except the water had stopped running off them! Oh well!

3642319363_ebf2a1887f.jpg?v=0

I have been so busy this month I just haven't had time.

But here is a bit of tail movement from last night - they are just about to be "collared up".

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

and here is a frozen shot from a few weeks ago - a friends grey who unlike most greys loves to "fetch"

IMG_9340-1.jpg

I have been so busy this month I just haven't had time.

But here is a bit of tail movement from last night - they are just about to be "collared up".

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

and here is a frozen shot from a few weeks ago - a friends grey who unlike most greys loves to "fetch"

IMG_9340-1.jpg

gorgeous!

I can contribute some movement. Went to a school fete (I think that's what you guys call them over here). Gone are the days of fudge and sack races. It was beer, latte's and mechanical rides. :) This pic made me laugh. You have the terrified child, strange guy at the top throwing them down and the un-expecting children to the left walking up for their turn.

3646283360_8f9a685baa.jpg

Edited by Rocco1